• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is some room in shoulder area. Would you suggest sizing down or does it look ok for a sweater?
Yeah haha SLP website calls it oversized as most of the sweaters from that season were slim fitting.
Sizing down? Not unless you want a wetsuit looking sweater.

I wouldn't buy that personally. I also have no idea of what you want to achieve, so I can't give you adequate advice

nekromantik

Reaction score
Sizing down? Not unless you want a wetsuit looking sweater.

I wouldn't buy that personally. I also have no idea of what you want to achieve, so I can't give you adequate advice

Yeah the Lurex look is not for everyone. Ignoring the design I am looking for a nice comfy fitting wool blend jumper that I can wear with jeans. Dont usually like super tight or too oversized looks. Looking for comfortable and warm.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah the Lurex look is not for everyone. Ignoring the design I am looking for a nice comfy fitting wool blend jumper that I can wear with jeans. Dont usually like super tight or too oversized looks. Looking for comfortable and warm.
Maybe it looks better IRL but there's so many better options than SLP if you want a decent quality sweater that has a normal fit.

yunBW

Reaction score
the sweater itself doesn't have a lurex vibe IMO maybe it's just the photo. the fit looks like its kinda loose but its not loose at the same time, which looks pretty odd. You can always ask the SLP or Celine forum for opinion

Edit: I think you should look for a sweater that has a slimmer fit or silhouette, but doesnt fit like a wet suit

Last edited:

nekromantik

Reaction score
hmm yeah thanks both
could be the angle as last time I took a pic (of jeans however) and first pic people said looks big and then second pic they said looks fine haha

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Some tech stuff:

Arc'teryx Aerios mids

Arc'teryx Palisade pants

Snow Peak quick adjust belt

And I picked up a 45 RPM flannel and Sage de Cret easy pants, both from from Grailed. Plus a Rickson's Gibson MA-1 from Yahoo Japan that I immediately resold because unlike other Buzz stuff, it runs kinda big instead of small and I got the wrong size. Plus, it was probably too heavy for LA.

nekromantik

Reaction score
just copped this off grailed.
"worn once" is what seller says so good deal at $300 if true.

Attachments

• 20180402_134502.jpg
    20180402_134502.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 76

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
“How did you determine this is worn once/NOS/NWOT?” is my favorite (and sometimes most revealing) eBay question.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Been waiting for those Aerios Mids to come out in a proper black. They released them in two shades of navy for some reason last year.

yes, though one was kind of anthracite grey. I almost got that one but once I saw the black was coming I waited a few weeks to grab these.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2E28ACBF-C3EC-4EE6-B017-18839ACAA8E2.jpeg

GRAIL UNLOCKED!

37178AE0-7D5B-436E-B36F-3A369A8C459A.jpeg

0DDF0767-81B9-4DA5-A215-CBF85276059D.jpeg

F19B03CC-FAB7-4E72-B318-12776FA71C7B.jpeg

So this is a cross post of sorts. One of those things that’s just way too iffy and expensive to buy, but have also received a decent amount of eyeball time. I tried on a yellow pair in Las Vegas’s amazing Retro Specs not too long ago. 80s Wings glasses by Bausch & Lomb/Ray Ban. Mint, no prescription, and in the rare hideous cough syrup color I wanted. $1.50 at Goodwill.

Thank you, thrift gods! Here they are in Magnum PI :p

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads