• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ratio Clothing - Custom Shirts - Official Affiliate Thread

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone --

Our team is sitting down over the next few weeks to discuss our future product development roadmap, both for seasonal product launches and everyday features. I'd love to solicit the community here for ideas:

- What features would you like to see in online custom clothing that are lacking in the marketplace?
- Is there a trend or style that you'd like to see represented in our collection?
- What non-shirt product do you have the hardest time finding a good fit?

Please let us know!

- Eric

I have a hard time with sweater lengths and most MTM services for knitwear are extremely expensive/high end. Would be amazing to have a mid-range merino option that lets you alter lengths and pick neckline (crew, v, turtle).

As I understand it though, mtm knitwear is very difficult to scale. I would imagine it is also impossible to find a manufacturer in the US.

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have a hard time with sweater lengths and most MTM services for knitwear are extremely expensive/high end. Would be amazing to have a mid-range merino option that lets you alter lengths and pick neckline (crew, v, turtle).

As I understand it though, mtm knitwear is very difficult to scale. I would imagine it is also impossible to find a manufacturer in the US.

We actually ran some sweater samples last year. As you note, it's extremely challenging to do on an MTM basis without prices being through the roof. We were actually looking at trying to do really deep size runs, but still ready-to-wear, but it was a bit cost prohibitive for us at our current scale. It's still on our radar though, and something we may try in the future...

Kobletas

Reaction score
I have had a hard time with polos. I tried this Danish manufacturer of MTM polos and Ts and the result was all sorts of terrible.

flashjack

Reaction score
Hey Everyone --

Our team is sitting down over the next few weeks to discuss our future product development roadmap, both for seasonal product launches and everyday features. I'd love to solicit the community here for ideas:

- What features would you like to see in online custom clothing that are lacking in the marketplace?
- Is there a trend or style that you'd like to see represented in our collection?

Please let us know!

- Eric
My three cents for trends and styles I'd like to see:
- more mainstay colours for the campus oxfords e.g. pink and green candy stripe oxfords
- bengal stripe twills
- living in a warm climate, I'm always on the hunt for tasteful and classic Indian Madras.

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have had a hard time with polos. I tried this Danish manufacturer of MTM polos and Ts and the result was all sorts of terrible.

Good to know! We've thought about cut & sew knits as well. Knits are definitely a little tricky in MTM due to how knit fabric has a lot more natural give than wovens.

patrick474

Reaction score
Hey Everyone --

Please let us know!

- Eric
American-made sportcoats and blazers that are versatile enough to be work in a business-casual workplace or at a party, happy hour, etc. Ledbury is an example of a company that specializes in shirts but has added some good-looking sportcoats to its repertoire - never bought their sport coats, but I think they’re going for the right niche.

metals37

Reaction score
Hey Everyone --

Please let us know!

- Eric
I'm always in for more oxford cloth. My personal preferences are for more blue options: a darker standard, a steel gray blue type, indigo blue, etc.
I'd also like to see more heavy options. I have a couple of fantastic 9 oz shirts from other makers (oxford and chambray) and would love to have one that fits me well like my Ratio shirts do.

klepto

Reaction score
Ratio Clothing has been my go to for MTM shirts. I have a short upper body and long legs so normal shirts make me look like I'm wearing a dress. We don't have any decent tailors here so I rely on them a lot.

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Everyone --

We decided to take our Black Friday Weekend sale live a few days early, so head over to the site to pick up savings. We actually haven't done a proper sale in years, and we usually sit these sorts of thing out, but we've had numerous requests from our good clients and friends to try a sale, so here goes:

Now through midnight 12/2 with code: TURKEY

Free US Shipping
10% off $250+
15% off $375+
20% off $500+

All fabrics our available, including some of our newest releases.

Hope you can take advantage of the sale!

- Eric

Kobletas

Reaction score
I'm about to pull the trigger on some shirts but my store credit from my previous order is missing...

johnnymiz

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for relenting and having a black friday sale.
It was all i needed to get off the pot and try a few different, more expensive materials.

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for relenting and having a black friday sale.
It was all i needed to get off the pot and try a few different, more expensive materials.

You're welcome! And thank you for picking up some new shirts. Yeah, we have always been reluctant to run sales too often, but we understand the appeal.

The issue for us has been two things really:

1. Sales don't make as much sense in the world of custom clothing, because there isn't the issue of clearing unsold inventory (aside from fabric, to a degree).

2. We have always tried to price as competitively as we could year-round.

We ended up structuring this one as a tiered discount because that makes sense in terms of how custom shirts are produced. The cutting cost on our end is lower in bulk orders.

Hope that makes sense.

- Eric

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm about to pull the trigger on some shirts but my store credit from my previous order is missing...

Have you emailed customer service? Our CS team was off Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving, but we're catching up on replies now so you should see a reply soon if you emailed.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FernMays