• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arbitrary:

Based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

subject to individual will or judgment

I would say it was arbitrary. Besides the sale being over, is there a system for the percentage discount? No, the number is arbitrary because it is made up. Sure you can argue that it was nice to offer a discount after the fact, but the number is still based on the whim of the sales associate. Had I gotten another sales associate, he may have honored the discount, or not given one at all. The number is arbitrary. I also want to make it clear this was the essence of my argument, of which I'm not truly angry or insulted, but in the back of my mind when they gave me an offer I thought (oh please) and politely declined. Moving on! :happy:

Last edited:

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who cares about your #firstworldproblems jesus shut up already.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I would say it was arbitrary. Besides the sale being over, is there a system for the percentage discount? No, the number is arbitrary because it is made up. Sure you can argue that it was nice to offer a discount after the fact, but the number is still based on the whim of the sales associate. Had I gotten another sales associate, he may have honored the discount, or not given one at all. The number is arbitrary. I also want to make it clear this was the essence of my argument, of which I'm not truly angry or insulted, but in the back of my mind when they gave me an offer I thought (oh please) and politely declined. Moving on! :happy:

fycus ... you are so full of ****.

ill tell you what, i know who you spoke with and you wouldnt have bought it even if it was at the sale price. got the money? ill make up the $70. im call you on your bs.

Last edited:

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Why anyone who isn't new here continues to go back and forth with whatever is beyond me. His posts generally break down into three categories:
- New purchase
- Boasts about special connection to numerous small retailers
- Drivel chastising people who express interest in not paying retail for an item
I'm kind of with him at times on that last one, especially during this past sale season when people were trying to find non-existent codes to stack with heavily discounted merchandise. Problem with his approach is that he draws it out and, at times, seems to use those situations to shoehorn in how he almost always pays retail.

then block me. this guy is totally full of ****.

Last edited:

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fycus ... you are so full of ****.
ill tell you what, i know who you spoke with and you wouldnt have bought it even if it was at the sale price. got the money? ill make up the $70. im call you on your bs.

send me a paypal invoice or PM me on here if you're actually serious

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

send me a paypal invoice or PM me on here if you're actually serious

actually, the way we are going to do this is you need to send them the money and i will cover the $70 if you are serious mr. fycus!

i know who you talked to so they are waiting.

Last edited:

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

since you know them so well have them send me an invoice

um, no. send them the money and i will cover the $70. you are a serious buyer ... why do they need to invoice you? just let them know you are the person they talked to about the jacket.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
send them the full amount or the amount sans the 70 you cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads