• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

huffether

Reaction score
Anyone own a black leather backpack? Was it worth getting? I see the prices on some of them on Mr. Porter and they go for $1000+...

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can I just wash delicate and hang dry or is it better to soak in bath tub?

It is always better to soak or hand wash in a tub. Throwing jeans in a washer takes out too much of the starch, and often puts heavy creases in the denim. An initial soak is nice if you want to soften them up a little, and get the texture of the denim to pop. I usually just wear them straight out of the box, though.

Last edited:

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never washed raw denim when new, but I like getting really defined fades. If you're not bothered with high contrast fading it probably doesn't matter so much, the loss of starch will just make them more comfortable a bit more quickly.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It is always better to soak or hand wash in a tub. Throwing jeans in a washer takes out too much of the starch, and often puts heavy creases in the denim. An initial soak is nice if you want to soften them up a little, and get the texture of the denim to pop. I usually just wear them straight out of the box, though.

I've never washed raw denim when new, but I like getting really defined fades. If you're not bothered with high contrast fading it probably doesn't matter so much, the loss of starch will just make them more comfortable a bit more quickly.

I usually wear the jeans out of the box too but 18oz is too rigid for me

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm lazy as hell so i just buy raw denim so that after i wash them immediately after i get them they fit comfortably

and by raw denim i mean the one pair of apcs i own

Last edited:

Maxwellll

Reaction score
Washing raw denim is perfectly fine, I know the internet bangs on about not doing it, going as long as you can with no washes, or rolling around in the sea with them on but you really dont have to worry about that. Stick them straight in the washing machine if you want.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS

NEW YORK - StyleFarmers recently discovered that they can do whatever they want with the clothing they purchase. More updates to follow after the following commercial break.

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wore my first pair heavily for two-three years and never got the iconic fades seen on the Interwebs; always wondered if it was because I washed them several months in.

(btw, what is the difference between 'defined' and 'high contrast'? Both sound good!)

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I use to just machine wash my sugar canes. Got the same fades as hand washing.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everybody knows that the best way to do it is to drive to the nearest coast or estuary and let the brine wash it for you. Nothing makes you look cooler than wearing raw denim at the beach. Nothing shoes more dedication than letting the sea impart its esoteric powers to your denim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads