• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Can someone explain what the oversized sleeves thing is about, reference to Margiela? And are the other recent collections by different designers that feature oversized sleeves doing the same thing?

Margiela did long sleeves in the 90s

Raf Simons had long sleeves for his fw16/17 show

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

FUCKTARDS STAY AWAY FROM SKATEBOARDING PLEASE.

Would be great if skateboards (like, actual skateboards) became the next hot accessory. Like, in a post-authenticity way -- just dudes carrying skateboards in their hands cause they're considered cool.

Last edited:

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
If that happens I might as well bust out some etnies and a Kerry Getz Habitat I have in a trash bag somewhere

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would be great if skateboards (like, actual skateboards) became the next hot accessory. Like, in a post-authenticity way -- just dudes carrying skateboards in their hands cause they're considered cool.
Well, it already happened at the height of authenticity, when guys started buying artisanal axes...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Pete is right with the Megadeath example. None of these are being worn for ironic purposes; it's just because X item has been deemed cool.
I interpret it more as a commercialization of irony. Instead of getting your Megadeth tee at a thrift shop or vintage store, you get it from a designer who has validated the statement.

futuresailors

Reaction score

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure this is already a thing in teen world. I'm seeing more and more skateboards and especially people carrying longboards.

At least they are not on ******* scooter throwing them around "doing tricks" in crowded spaces like their younger siblings.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Well, it already happened at the height of authenticity, when guys started buying artisanal axes...

Haven't bought any, but I like the workmanship on them and a lot of those smaller artisan knife makers make some gorgeous knives.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I interpret it more as a commercialization of irony.  Instead of getting your Megadeth tee at a thrift shop or vintage store, you get it from a designer who has validated the statement.

Yea, but there's no "wink" involved in the wearing. I think irony has to involve a knowing wink, like "I know I'm not supposed to wear this, but I'm doing so to make a statement." People wearing metal tees right now don't care if they are or are not supposed to wear them. Context is irrelevant; it's just a fashion item.

It's like a cafe racer for most of us. I don't wear cafe racers because I'm making an ironic statement. Nor am I wearing one because I ride a motorcycle. It's just a cool thing to wear.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't bought any, but I like the workmanship on them and a lot of those smaller artisan knife makers make some gorgeous knives.
I have a dinosaur bone dasmascus steel knife from my kids, and it is ******* gorgeous. I don't carry it around with me though.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, but there's no "wink" involved in the wearing. I think irony has to involve a knowing wink, like "I know I'm not supposed to wear this, but I'm doing so to make a statement." People wearing metal tees right now don't care if they are or are not supposed to wear them. Context is irrelevant; it's just a fashion item.

It's like a cafe racer for most of us. I don't wear cafe racers because I'm making an ironic statement. Nor am I wearing one because I ride a motorcycle. It's just a cool thing to wear.
I understand, but I just don't see the lack of a wink, I guess.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have a dinosaur bone dasmascus steel knife from my kids, and it is ******* gorgeous.  I don't carry it around with me though.

They just amended the knife low here, so I can now buy some one-handed folders without ending up on the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads