• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

Bang! Straight to your heart~

:foo:

soband

Reaction score
Can someone explain what the oversized sleeves thing is about, reference to Margiela? And are the other recent collections by different designers that feature oversized sleeves doing the same thing?

the super oversized sleeve isn't a new idea by any stretch of the imagination, but I do believe Vetements has become a super trendy brand and the super oversized sleeve is a trademark of the brand right now. Lots of higher end houses have been featuring similar sleeves in parts of their collection, and it may just be coincidence, but with Vetements success it looks a lot like trying to cash in on a trend.

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure this is already a thing in teen world. I'm seeing more and more skateboards and especially people carrying longboards.

At least they are not on ******* scooter throwing them around "doing tricks" in crowded spaces like their younger siblings.

Seeing more and more people getting around on skateboards in London,not teens though.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

the super oversized sleeve isn't a new idea by any stretch of the imagination, but I do believe Vetements has become a super trendy brand and the super oversized sleeve is a trademark of the brand right now.  Lots of higher end houses have been featuring similar sleeves in parts of their collection, and it may just be coincidence, but with Vetements success it looks a lot like trying to cash in on a trend. 

I'm already on the next trend: oversized pant legs

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I kinda want something interesting in camo... maybe the Mahowasefasudfiasfjkzfdiu floral camo? :hide:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^ Almost bought an LL Bean tote bag last week with the monogram GOSHA.

Decided against it, but only because I have too many bags.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used Luxire to make something other than the standard shirt or pants? Really like this Damir coat but can't find it in stock anywhere. Wonder if Luxire can do something similar...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads