• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They technically can make anything, but sometimes the results (from the few things I've seen and heard of) are less than great if they're more complicated than your basic dress shirt. Would be wary of having them do something as non-traditional as what you'd find at Damir Doma. Seems like you'd be better off if you already have a coat you want copied -- and even then, you may need to go through a few iterations (basically like fittings) to get what you want right.

Edit: Not really like the Doma in terms of fit, but FWIW, K&S has a black windowpane coat this season

http://www.krammer-stoudt.com/shop/redford-overcoat/

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Has anyone used Luxire to make something other than the standard shirt or pants? Really like this Damir coat but can't find it in stock anywhere. Wonder if Luxire can do something similar...

dont bother with luxire get the real thing , check your pm

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They technically can make anything, but sometimes the results (from the few things I've seen and heard of) are less than great if they're more complicated than your basic dress shirt. Would be wary of having them do something as non-traditional as what you'd find at Damir Doma. Seems like you'd be better off if you already have a coat you want copied -- and even then, you may need to go through a few iterations (basically like fittings) to get what you want right.

Edit: Not really like the Doma in terms of fit, but FWIW, K&S has a black windowpane coat this season

http://www.krammer-stoudt.com/shop/redford-overcoat/
They are great at replicating very classic tailored garments, and at actual replication, with very few changes. So, for example, I wanted a tweed version of Garbstore's trisaver vest which does not exist, and they did really well at it because I sent them one of mine as a template.

On the other hand, for something as simple as a cafe racer, it took several iterations with very specific instructions and photos in addition to me sending them some samples to show basic construction, for them to get specific details correct.

In other words, they can sew very competently, but they require both design and styling guidance if you are going to get exactly what you want. India is not a fashion mecca. It's about as far from that as possible. Exposure to fashion is an education in and of itself, and I know that they are going to events like Pitti and Mens market weeks elsewhere now, and this will really help them.

The Damir Doma coat is not a marvel of tailoring, but doesn't appear to be cut very classically. Unless you have another one like it that you can send to be examined and studied, it's probably not the safe route to go. Could be an adventure though

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah pretty much scrapped the Luxire idea....

Just going to keep an eye out on yoox/b&s for a L to pop up

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Avatars on the site should be unique. There's a guy in the JE thread with the same avatar as Shoreman, there've been a few wtf moments until I remember to check the actual name

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's very concerned about the length of his denim

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to kop some JE tees to see what all the buzz is about. These are clearly not your ordinary tees.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to my very first wedding in about a month and could use some advice on shirt, tie and pocketsquare.
The suit I have is a pretty slim (medium-dark?) charcoal one and for shoes some black oxfords.
I'm guessing the shirt will most likely be white with a spread or semi-spread collar, which leaves tie and pocketsquare.
Currently half-tempted to get this one: http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...inen-tie-with-white-adire-double-stripes.html
but my suit and shoes might be a bit too dark and formal to wear it well

So, gladly taking any feedback on the above as well as suggestions for suitable tie and pocketsquare-pairings.

(Note: I'm 20 years old, average age of the wedding participants will probably be sub-25, so I doubt "traditional rules" are as set in stone as they might be otherwise)

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

I need to kop some JE tees to see what all the buzz is about. These are clearly not your ordinary tees.

If you've spent any time reading the thread, you'd know that they are unquestionable "hot fire".

I'm a fan of the curve u-neck in the basic cotton-modal blend. The length is about ideal (long enough to be interesting but not so long as to look weird with regular jeans / pants), the neck is roomy but not excessive, and the fabric has a nice hand and drape. I wouldn't mind slightly broader shoulders and longer, slimmer sleeves, but they're one of the nicer t-shirts I've handled. Think Odyn Vovk with less interesting construction.

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any sizing advice for Jun Hashimoto boots? I generally wear a size 40 in Common Projects, size 41 in Margiela sneakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics