• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Big fan of how danish women (or Copehagen women) look, there seems to be some redhead type that doesnt really exist in Stockholm. Not a big fan of the generic swedish blonde really..

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

^^Big fan of how danish women (or Copehagen women) look, there seems to be some redhead type that doesnt really exist in Stockholm. Not a big fan of the generic swedish blonde really..

I know what you mean, they do tend to look a lot alike because they mostly dress very similar. This is a bit of a turn off, for some reason, Swedish women seem anxious about standing out from a crowd, Sweden is not a country where individuality is a high ranking personality trait. But I love those icy blue eyes, golden waves of hair and that condescending snarl of contempt, give it to me every day of the week, all year around. Keeps you on your toes! :)

Last edited:

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fireflygrave

Reaction score
Hey, if anybody wants a pair of those rough suede converse in the vaporous grey (white) color in size 9.5, let me know. These are too big for me and I lost the return slip.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/25/f...gela-merkel-jera.html?smid=tw-nytfashion&_r=0

And though Mr. Owens said that he and the model had “great warmth for each other,” Jera’s English is spotty and Mr. Owens’s German nonexistent. So even after more than a decade, Mr. Owens said, “our conversations have been pretty vague.”

But he did recall an odd moment from Jera’s fitting earlier this week. According to Mr. Owens, the model produced three cards and asked him to choose between them: “Kill Angela Merkel,” “Kill Angela Merkel — Not” and “Kill the Last Unicorn.”

“I thought it was just a little game, a wordplay thing he was doing for the moment,” Mr. Owens said. He chose “Kill the Last Unicorn”; his wife, Michele Lamy, chose none of them, saying, “I don’t like any killing at all.”

“I guess he figured I endorsed it from that,” Mr. Owens said. “I didn’t know it was going to come back to haunt me.”

lol

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally find danish girls better looking than Norwegian ones, but they are very good looking in general thats for sure, especially if thats your type.

**** weather = no sundresses.
angry.gif

Could be worse, could be Alabama.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was listing something on ebay and went through my old sold listings. It's great to picture what I was wearing back then and my progression.

Sterlingwear black peacoat, John Varvatos polo, Rogues Gallery fishtail, a random Korean goth coat from those Korean fast fashion sites,

APC derbies, Band of Outsiders shirts

DBSS ponyhair sneakers ... ...

Then Junya, Undercover, and White Mountaineering.

Haven't sold anything on there for like 2 years, though, so maybe I've got something now.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha! Sterlingwear, JV, and RG have also graced my closet at some point in the past. It's weird how our styles are as much a product of changing zeitgeists as they are about individual progression.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Any good minimal summer linen blazers? Something that fits short and wide and won't set me back a ton.

Last year H&M had some linen suits that were decent, don't know if they have them now. I picked up a few pairs of the pants to wear as beaters and they've held up pretty well.

Muji's current $100 linen blazers are the real deal. unlined with taped seams. My H&M suit pretty much gets the job done but is fully lined and has the usual H&M low armhole, reducing motion. But I do believe I saw a set of them at H&M when I was there about 2 weeks ago. Now, a few caveats: I have no idea what Muji's sizing is like beyond Small, which is true to size. And the sleeve cuff buttons are functional, so if u need them shortened, it'll be shoulder work or a chop job.

Ha! Sterlingwear, JV, and RG have also graced my closet at some point in the past. It's weird how our styles are as much a product of changing zeitgeists as they are about individual progression.

it's almost like we're a group... that thinks... together...

Last edited:

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I learned something at the tailor the other day that might save someone some pain down the road.

I took some jeans in to be tapered. Not a lot, just around .5" from the knee down. These are 3-sixteens, so they have a good amount of jean-nerd detailing, but I figured the work was minor enough that I didn't need to make a fuss because surely, such minor work would require no change to the details, and also, specifics are not fun to try to communicate to my tailor. man, she gives fierce looks.

yes, I've been told over and over, if u want the selvage line, tell 'em to taper on the inseam, but I thought, i'm just tapering half an inch. surely i need not reveal my nerdery to these people who I trust, people who might respect me. and besides, they probably don't even know what a nerd is, let alone a denim nerd. let them live in peace.

When I came back for pickup, I found my tailor had removed the chainstich. But then a few seconds later, I realized I was looking at the seam that should be selvage and was not. were these even my jeans? I checked. yes, yes they were. they had cut off the selvage. I'll never be cool in 2009 again.

I asked what happened, and in essence learned, what I got is standard procedure for tapering, including but no limited to opening up the hem, cutting off excess fabric no matter the minorness of the taper job, and redoing the hem at the end using their standard machine, which can't do even the fake chainstitch your $40 uniqlo jeans has.

the lesson: if you're getting a pair of jeans worked on, taper before getting them hemmed if u want a chainstitched hem, and tell your tailor to taper on the inseam and not the outseam if u value your selvege, even for minor tapering jobs.

i now have a pair of slim-fitting denim with a real rise. sometimes sacrifices must be made.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just want to wear a white poplin shirt, jeans and boots every day. Regression? :eek:

Hmmm should I buy another VISVIM 101?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads