• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Even though Stockholm is further north, they often have better weather and hotter summers. Stockholm (eastern Sweden) is sheltered from the weather coming from the North Sea and has a more inland climate, unlike Denmark and Copenhagen.

Except for the clothes, people actually look like this in Sweden. Women are just amazing, it's ridiculous. I see more beautiful women on my way to work than I would normally see a full week abroad. But yeah, weather is gnarly as hell. It's a good trade off though. :)

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
That is really surprising. I'm not familiar with German politics in any way but is there some controversy going on with Merkel presently that would have prompted this?

Relax guys, it's just viral marketing for the new Zoolander movie

Gruff

Reaction score
Except for the clothes, people actually look like this in Sweden. Women are just amazing, it's ridiculous. I see more beautiful women on my way to work than I would normally see a full week abroad. But yeah, weather is gnarly as hell. It's a good trade off though.
smile.gif

As an American, I can't even begin to imagine a place where all the women look like this. I know that video Fuuma posted reflects real people, but on another level it just seems staggeringly unreal.

tl,dr: yay Sweden!

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If all the beautiful-people-envy gets you down, just watch a few Bergman movies until you start believing every swedish person is going through some sort of emotional anguish. Then you'll feel better.

Gruff

Reaction score
RFT: Someone explain Visvim's appeal. Is it the technical construction? The materials? Everytime I see a Visvim piece all I can think of is RL Denim&Supply - same styles, same aesthetic, (maybe) same target crowd. Put a Vis piece on the RL website and you'd never know the difference and vice versa.

Handled some Vis at Barney's NYC recently and couldn't figure out what made a brown fringed leather jacket retail for 6 grand. Button down shirts with American flag accents for $600? $700 boots that look like Timberlands?

Someone on here called Rick the troll of fashion, but I wonder if it's really Hiroki. Don't get me wrong, I do like Vis's aesthetic, but the prices, oof, can't even begin to understand the justification.

Gruff

Reaction score
If all the beautiful-people-envy gets you down, just watch a few Bergman movies until you start believing every swedish person is going through some sort of emotional anguish. Then you'll feel better.

That video was actually depressing, but not in a beautiful-people-envy way. More like in "I'll never, ever know women who look like this" sort of way.

The Seventh Seal is one of my favorite movies, though.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Yeah I forgot to tell you, in addition to the gnarly weather (which you get used to) it's also very little daylight for a large part of a year, November to January you will not see a lot of daylight, and it makes people suicidal. And in the summers it never gets dark and that makes people go mental too! Still a good trade off!

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RFT:  Someone explain Visvim's appeal.  Is it the technical construction?  The materials?  Everytime I see a Visvim piece all I can think of is RL Denim&Supply - same styles, same aesthetic, (maybe) same target crowd.  Put a Vis piece on the RL website and you'd never know the difference and vice versa.

well vis has been around longer than denim&supply (i think?), so that probably says more about D&S than it does about vis.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I forgot to tell you, in addition to the gnarly weather (which you get used to) it's also very little daylight for a large part of a year, November to January you will not see a lot of daylight, and it makes people suicidal. And in the summers it never gets dark and that makes people go mental too! Still a good trade off!

Now the plot of Winter Light makes more sense

"I'm feeling suicidal because of nuclear proliferation!" No dude, it's because you have seasonal affective disorder like everyone else here

Zassiliss

Reaction score
Could anyone who's taken a look at CP slip-ons tell me if they essentially have the same silhouette as Vans? Every time I see a slip-on in that plimsoll silhouette, I wonder why no one ever makes one that's on the last of something more akin to a stan smith or something

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

As an American, I can't even begin to imagine a place where all the women look like this.  I know that video Fuuma posted reflects real people, but on another level it just seems staggeringly unreal.

tl,dr: yay Sweden!

Made by friend of a friend of mine, he sent it to me because we were discussing how ridiculous some films/promos can be and talking about swedish girls clichés. Don't be too amazed, nothing special....You're supposed to laugh at how corny it is.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Made by friend of a friend of mine, he sent it to me because we were discussing how ridiculous some films/promos can be and talking about swedish girls clichés. Don't be too amazed, nothing special....You're supposed to laugh at how corny it is.

Yeah it was very corny. It was a commercial for a small Swedish summer resort I believe. I guess their budget was pretty limited. Still, women in Sweden (and Norway) are in a different league to anything I've ever come across on a global level.

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah it was very corny. It was a commercial for a small Swedish summer resort I believe. I guess their budget was pretty limited. Still, women in Sweden (and Norway) are in a different league to anything I've ever come across on a global level.

Personally find danish girls better looking than Norwegian ones, but they are very good looking in general thats for sure, especially if thats your type.

**** weather = no sundresses. :angry:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Personally find danish girls better looking than Norwegian ones, but they are very good looking in general thats for sure, especially if thats your type.

**** weather = no sundresses. :angry:

Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Icelandic women are very hard to tell apart to be honest, even I would probably not be able to do it, but sometimes their style of clothing will give a hint. I think that Danish women are sometimes more stylish, they have a booming fashion industry "down there".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads