• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
ok all, honest question here. my current batch of underwear is in need of replacement but the company i got them from has since stopped producing to "reinvent" themselves.

i'm looking for some recs on nice stuff ($30 - $40 a pair is fine). would prefer modal / lyocell / tencel.
and no Regis, i'm not going down that path. what do you got?
IMG_6753.gif

jbie

Reaction score
I like CDLP. No front opening on the model I have, which is annoying, but the quality is much better than Uniqlo and worth the price difference IMO.
Seconded on CDLP. Colour selection is great. If you can find Hanro/Zimmerli/Wolford on sale then confidently in the price range.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been a faithful Marks & Spencer modal/cotton briefs fan for maybe decades but have recently found the Saxx long leg to be a revelation.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tommy John 8” second skin
Woolx (works great for more casual outfits as it doesn’t hug as close)

Been meaning to revisit linen boxers, too.

Merz B. underwear look nice but I think the rise is too short.

Samir

Reaction score
Taylor Stitch merino boxer briefs have been great, no branding on the band, go predictably on sale for the holidays. Unfortunately it looks like they're not currently listed on the website though.

I've tried Allbirds and Ministry of Supply for merino alternatives but haven't liked them as much as TS.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Missed this interesting shirt at Marrkt - brand was said to be Scribbler. Google shows nothing - does the hive mind know anything about the brand?

IMG_4390.jpeg

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Devon Turnbull, the guy behind Nom de Guerre back in the day, is now into building retro-inspired Hi-Fi gear. Great video if you want to nerd out on Western Electric vacuum tubes and Altec Lansing horn design. Will repost in the home stereo thread as well.

OJAS speakers (I think?) spotted at 0:52

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OJAS speakers (I think?) spotted at 0:52

Not sure either, but those do look like Atlec Voice of the Theatre horns (a much lusted after speaker for home audio dorks, like me).

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure either, but those do look like Atlec Voice of the Theatre horns
VOTT inspired for sure but the cabinet stack is a mash up of a bunch of stuff that's not from the vintage Altec world with the vents in the mid horn and the scoop bass bin. Probably Ojas given the context.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey @admin and @LA Guy , I’m experiencing some pretty frustrating functionality of SF in iOS lately. The site simply hasn’t worked in Chrome for iOS and in both Chrome and Safari, each page takes a long time to load. As the pages are loading apparently for several minutes, I’ll compose a post, and when the page finally finishes loading, it refreshes and I lose everything I’ve typed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads