• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I have never found a pair of cowboy boots that really suit me, though I’ve looked. Are they comfortable for walking around?

Also, yesterday I got 2Pac socks. I also wanted Biggie, but there were no large, only medium.

Mine has the slanted heel that is often erroneously (?) presented as traditional and it feels fine to wander the urban jungle of wine bars and art expos but maybe just get cowboy boots with other type of heels, that way you won't even have to wonder if you'd be comfortable?

Recently saw the Adam Curtis documentary essay "Can't get you out of my head" and he used footage of a very young Tupac if you're interested.

Here's a compilation of all the Afeni and Tupac clips from that doc. Won't make much sense excised from the main doc essay but Curtis is an acquired taste so dunno if you'd like the whole thing.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Right.

With true navy I find it hard to know what to wear with it. It's weird because it's supposed to be one of the most versatile colours according to menswear.

white sneakers+navy slacks+white or burgundy relaxed shirt + reddish brown or beige suede jacket?

Just like bobo I also like the same fit with a black leather.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
White sneaker, navy pants + pretty much anything on top (grey sweater, pink tee, beige polo, ecru camp shirt…..) works consistently well. It’s a blank canvas to tell all sorts of color stories, cold or warm, or to let a more expressive/risqué piece shine.

Racing Green

Reaction score
I love navy as a colour, very easy base colour to wear.

Off the top of my head I have 2 x chore jackets, 2 x unstructured sport coats, Orslow New Yorkers, Stan Ray recreation pants, Epaulet sashiko easy pants, nylon hiking pants, Patagonia baggies, Gramicci shorts, numerous sweatshirts, tees, fleeces and outerwear all in navy.

Pants worn with white, green, brown or grey tops and tops worn with green/olive, white or khaki pants.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what's this I hear about "Crease Shields" for sneakers lol. Are they for real? Must be super uncomfortable

trainer-comfy-anti-crease-sneaker-shields-skor-peotector-black-l.jpeg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, as with many of us, it seems like @the shah is talking mostly about the pandemic, which I suppose that is true of me too. Seems like @jet disappeared as the pandemic started. Tell us you’re okay bro.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Also been lurking in the YY thread, good to see the young bloodz doing justice there
View attachment 1799482 View attachment 1799483

20ss Gaba jacket.
18aw double wrap gaba pants.
Yohji tote.
Converse.

Pants are worn here half wrapped. With a bit of wind blowing pass, it would make these pants look like quasi-Karasu pants. If worn fully wrapped, then you have a a pair of nice ballon pants. So much versatility, love these.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy I need a slim belt to wear with high-waisted pleated trousers and loose tucked in shirts.
- must be free of animal products
- preferably a neutral-ish colour so I can just get one.
Tough assignment. So, a bit more minimalist as well, and no hippie style belts?[

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@hendrix - maybe something like this:

They have it in a neutral cream color, but honestly, it's tough if you don't allow any animal products at all, even for accents. You can get plenty of those Alyx style belts, and I have the Moncler one, but even that has leather accents. I could also get you a belt using a mini tactical buckle made, but truthfully, a lot of the people who make those belts are not people I typically love.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@hendrix - maybe something like this:

They have it in a neutral cream color, but honestly, it's tough if you don't allow any animal products at all, even for accents. You can get plenty of those Alyx style belts, and I have the Moncler one, but even that has leather accents. I could also get you a belt using a mini tactical buckle made, but truthfully, a lot of the people who make those belts are not people I typically love.

haha vineyard vines!!! whatever happened to that guy.

But yeah that's kinda the only type of thing that would work isn't it?

hmmmm

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads