• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

theofficialhung

Reaction score
Did anyone else here order in the last crowdfunded pre-order sale? I did it on the basis that they would be posted by 16th June as I live abroad but am moving to another country soon. I've not received any updates from Rancourt so wondered if they have a habit of not meeting the pre-order deadline. If they don't post them soon this will be an issue for me as I'm moving to a country with much higher import duty... I've emailed them regarding this and just received a very non-committal response saying 'we're trying but cannot say for sure'. The guys there seem seem friendly but pretty disorganised. I hope the shoes are not as disappointing as their timekeeping as they're my first pair of this brand.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if there's a delay - all makers in the handmade footwear industry is experiencing supply chain issues.

My Wesco's jumped from 12 months to possibly 16-18 months (!). I ordered Moto(r) dress engineers for my birthday that were supposed to be delivered in April and eta was pushed to May and now end of July.

I just hope my color 8 beefrolls will be delivered while there's still warm weather!

Fenners81

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised at all if there's a delay - all makers in the handmade footwear industry is experiencing supply chain issues.

My Wesco's jumped from 12 months to possibly 16-18 months (!). I ordered Moto(r) dress engineers for my birthday that were supposed to be delivered in April and eta was pushed to May and now end of July.

I just hope my color 8 beefrolls will be delivered while there's still warm weather!
Damn - kind of frustrating as I explained my situation to them before making the order and a nice man called David assured me they'd be posted on or before June 16th. If they'd said there is a reasonable possibility of delays I wouldn't have made the order. Grounds for a cancellation and refund I think...

rgweiser53

Reaction score
Absolutely yes on the refund. Great company, but their output has really slowed...I suspect it's a labor issue, but they're kidding themselves if they think their customers don't notice.

Blue_Bowtie

Reaction score
I’m very pleased with these! After breaking them in they feel like slippers! Navy, Olive and Carolina Brown Chromexcel. The Carolina Brown pair are already broken in, now to put in some miles on the other two!
IMG_8493.jpeg

Fenners81

Reaction score
I’m very pleased with these! After breaking them in they feel like slippers! Navy, Olive and Carolina Brown Chromexcel. The Carolina Brown pair are already broken in, now to put in some miles on the other two!
View attachment 1977467
No shoe trees? I'm unfamiliar with this style of shoes as I've never branched out beyond English shoes and boots. All of mine have trees in them unless I'm wearing them.

DG123

Reaction score
Grounds for a cancellation and refund I think...
You paid half price for a Made In USA high quality hand sewn shoe. Nearly all the styles offered in the pre-sale event were produced and shipped. It's unfortunate the model you ordered was not produced on time, but I believe you should give the company a break by not cancelling and, or complaining.

Fenners81

Reaction score
You paid half price for a Made In USA high quality hand sewn shoe. Nearly all the styles offered in the pre-sale event were produced and shipped. It's unfortunate the model you ordered was not produced on time, but I believe you should give the company a break by not cancelling and, or complaining.
I'm aware of what I paid and bought - thanks though. If you read or at least paid attention to my original post you'd understand my predicament. I'm not complaining, just figuring out a solution to a problem that isn't of my making.

DG123

Reaction score
I'm aware of what I paid and bought - thanks though. If you read or at least paid attention to my original post you'd understand my predicament. I'm not complaining, just figuring out a solution to a problem that isn't of my making.
Due to duty taxes, you seem reluctant to change the ship to address from your current one to the new one. For the import tax, what is the percentage or dollar difference between the two countries?

Fenners81

Reaction score
Due to duty taxes, you seem reluctant to change the ship to address from your current one to the new one. For the import tax, what is the percentage or dollar difference between the two countries?
Yes it's quite significant. I live in Dubai with 5% import duty and am going to the UK with 12% duty and 20% VAT. When you consider it's shoes and a belt it adds up. This is why I sought guarantees from Rancourt prior to ordering.

DG123

Reaction score
Yes it's quite significant. I live in Dubai with 5% import duty and am going to the UK with 12% duty and 20% VAT. When you consider it's shoes and a belt it adds up. This is why I sought guarantees from Rancourt prior to ordering.

If the approximately $75 of duty tax is more than you want to spend another option is to check Rancourt's current in stock inventory for your size width. If the company has a pair in stock that appeals to you I expect they would ship it out to you tomorrow.

Fenners81

Reaction score
If the approximately $75 of duty tax is more than you want to spend another option is to check Rancourt's current in stock inventory for your size width. If the company has a pair in stock that appeals to you I expect they would ship it out to you tomorrow.
I know it's not huge sums of money but it significantly negates the benefit of the discount which is why I may cancel. I'm not a huge fan of mocs per se, but quite liked the look of this model due to it almost having a welted appearance and a midsole. The only other model I like that they make is the Byron boot but these are much pricier so swapping isn't really an option.

Fenners81

Reaction score
I've actually just seen that the size 10EE in Baxters are showing as in stock on the website and these should fit me fine as I was being extra cautious by going half a size up. I've emailed to enquire. Thanks for the suggestion as this might solve the problem.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads