• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rainwear

imightbechad

Reaction score
In lieu of the "Take Ivy" scans floating around recently, I'm curious if anyone knows more about vintage rainwear like this:
ti13.jpg
I've been looking for a rain jacket (poncho? anorak? windbreaker?) like this for some time now, but with no success. Any help on eBay search terms, similar modern vendors, etc. would be greatly appreciated! Chad

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Picuture doesn't show. Another term to throw in there would be cagool or kagoule.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are you referring to this one?

ti13.jpg

Several companies came out with jackets like that this season, such as Obedient Sons and Nom de Guerre. The usual outdoor companies also have similar jackets most of the time.

imightbechad

Reaction score
Picture changed...thanks Robin.

And I've seen some of the more recent raincoats, but I haven't seen any half-zip versions with a front pounch. Also, this one looks to be made from canvas or some type of rubberized/pvc material.

Vintage windbreaker/raincoat/rain jacket/anorak eBay searches turn up lots of lacoste pullovers, but not much else.

Thanks for the recs, I'll keep looking...

Chad

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gary Drinkwater recently introduced me to a company in Maine that offers a neat looking anorak called Igas Island. It's on the first page of their brochure located here: http://www.igasisland.com/brochure but there's not much for pictures.

imightbechad

Reaction score
Robin,

That site is intense (in a good way!)

If not the anorak, I'll definitely be checking out the "Wadasack"...looks killer.

The thing I love about the Take Ivy scan is the perfectly cropped cut. Keep an eye out for me, as we seem to have very similar tastes.

Chad

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Did you get these pictures from the Take Ivy post I made a while ago with the link to ACL or did someone post more scans from Take Ivy? I would love to see more pictures. If the latter, can I get the link or some direction?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For fall scotch and soda and making a BEAST of a rain coat. I will try to get pics.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's the one from Obedient Sons. I'll be picking one or two up in different colors once they go on sale.

46827a.gif

Originally Posted by hossoso
Did you get these pictures from the Take Ivy post I made a while ago with the link to ACL or did someone post more scans from Take Ivy? I would love to see more pictures. If the latter, can I get the link or some direction?
ACL. There are a few more through these sites though:

http://www.dejourmagazine.com/jan2008/takeivy.html
http://www.mensclub.jp/mensclub/flip/takeivy/Contents/

I've been keeping an eye on the auction networks for a copy, and if one turns up I'm probably going to pay a pretty penny for it.

The cool kids at sufu have been jonesing for "Mountain Research" brand stuff, a line from Japan that seems to repro American outdoors clothing. Some of their stuff is available at Garbstore, and this anorak is near what you're looking for. Spendy .
Not only spendy, but also hard to get.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Thank you, Robin. I somehow missed it on Dejour and have never heard of that Japanese site.

While on the topic, I want cheap, durable, yellow (high-vis) weather gear for sailing this summer. I've checked all the obvious spots and can't find anything that I like. Anyone have a leftfield suggestion?

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
That probably wasn't directed at me but I'm not wearing a $495 anything on the Salish Sea or the Straits.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads