• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK

NorthCoast

Reaction score
Nice. I was looking at the Red pair but passed. The blue is much nicer.

I did end up grabbing a pair of the Maliseets from that Mr. Porter sale. $134 was a lot nicer than $270.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. I was looking at the Red pair but passed. The blue is much nicer.

I did end up grabbing a pair of the Maliseets from that Mr. Porter sale. $134 was a lot nicer than $270.

You know, I saw them on the site and thought they looked too royal bluish. My plan was to dye them brown. However, was pleasantly surprised at how dark they were. No dye for these
nod[1].gif

Tweedboy

Reaction score
Here are some pics of my new Tracker Boots. Leather very thick and incredibly waxy. They feel a bit tight, but they'll ease up right?[ATTACHMENT=11437][ATTACHMENT=11438]image.jpg (769k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT]

cathpah

Reaction score
Here are some pics of my new Tracker Boots. Leather very thick and incredibly waxy. They feel a bit tight, but they'll ease up right?
Yep...that's chromepak, and although it's thick, it's also quite stretchy. I've got a pair of ring boots in the same leather and they're slowly stretching to comform to my feet.

If you want to hasten the process, wear thicker socks for a day (or even just a few hours around the house). It may be a touch uncomfortable, but it should speed up the stretching a bit by forcing it a little.

Tweedboy

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Cathpah. They're starting to ease off a bit. I might have been able to go up half a size but hopefully it will be ok. Love the leather
1f604.png

CMT1

Reaction score
Looks like I'm somewhat in this club. I took a chance on a $100 Ebay pair of Ugg "Lewiston" moccasins after reading that they are made by Quoddy. They are very well made, super comfortable and the only caveat/drawback is the Ugg branding on the heel.

For the price, I'll take it. I couldn't be happier with the value.

edit -

After some good wear these past two weeks, I simply do not want to take them off.

Last edited:

cats33cats

Reaction score
a9c5913775faaa1315137f34a387bdb1.jpg

Quoddy Maliseet
Brown CXL, brown stitching, coffee laces and boat sole. Unfortunately Quoddy doesn't have the camp sole in size 14 so they made these with the charcoal boat sole that apparently isn't listed on their website. I prefer the camp sole but I'm just happy I'm able to find a company that will make shoes for my massive dogs.

50173cd78f64c3b684965a57a2e07db6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using

dukarelli

Reaction score
so just received my boat Mocs after over a month of wait and I have to say I am very impressed with the quality. leather is top notch and all details are exactly to my specifications. I wear an 11e in sperrys so I ordered a 10.5e in quoddy and the fit is right on. sizing down a half is the way to go. only thing that bothered me was the back of the heel. all the photos on the internet show a straight across stitch where the sole meets the shoe however the ones I received have like a wrap up sole that comes up the heel usually found in driving mocs i suppose. here are some photos

I don't think quoddy did a good job highlighting this design on their website. if you look really hard you can maybe make it out but there is nothing in description to suggest that design. at the end of the day it does separate the shoe from the thousands of others of boat shoes out there but in my opinion it's quite dressy. still a beautiful shoe nonetheless

Last edited:

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^Looks good. What kind of leather is that? Natural CXL? Sole? Model?

I just ordered some nat cxl loafers. I really like your makeup and may get something similar.

dukarelli

Reaction score

^^^Looks good. What kind of leather is that? Natural CXL? Sole? Model?

I just ordered some nat cxl loafers. I really like your makeup and may get something similar.

thanks!

boat moc ii with horween whiskey cavalier leather. vibram wrap sole. natural stitching, antique brass hardware and rawhide laces. building a grizzly moc now. tempted to pull another trigger

kentpope

Reaction score
I've got a question for those who've purchased the Boat Mocs. I picked up a pair awhile back and the Vibram sole came loose on both shoes within a matter of a few weeks.

Seems a bit strange (and disappointing) that this would happen so soon. Does anyone know if that's typical?

I guess it's worth pointing out that I didn't wear these on a boat but around town. Are you not supposed to walk around on land with these? Seems weird to me.

Shiny

Reaction score

I've got a question for those who've purchased the Boat Mocs. I picked up a pair awhile back and the Vibram sole came loose on both shoes within a matter of a few weeks. [COLOR=222222]Seems a bit strange (and disappointing) that this would happen so soon. Does anyone know if that's typical?[/COLOR] [COLOR=222222]I guess it's worth pointing out that I didn't wear these on a boat but around town. Are you not supposed to walk around on land with these? Seems weird to me.[/COLOR]
Same thing happened to mine. I contacted Quoddy and they wanted $100 for a new sole. I thought their resoles were more reasonably priced (below $50) so I declined. I also didn't use them heavily. All I can say is don't get any mocs with the vibram wrap.

kentpope

Reaction score
Same thing happened to mine. I contacted Quoddy and they wanted $100 for a new sole. I thought their resoles were more reasonably priced (below $50) so I declined. I also didn't use them heavily. All I can say is don't get any mocs with the vibram wrap.

Well, that's unfortunate. Guess I'm not really surprised they ignored my emails then. Probably best to stay away from Quoddy in the future when Rancourt has similar offerings.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Na1374