• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage for the Warlow 2.0 today. After 4 months of looking pretty on a shelf I decided to wear them to an interview. These are some fine looking shoes.

IMG_9785.JPG
IMG_9787.JPG

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for a loafer to wear the khakis and jeans for summer and currently leaning toward the unlined Harvard in tan pebble grain. Thoughts or other suggestions?

8365b~1_R_1badac16.jpg

8365b_R_1badab49.jpg

I think my first choice would be something in suede. The Cadogan is on the front page of the C&J page. Sydney would also be an option, but maybe too sleek. The Boston would also be an option. I would go with something in snuff, polo, or suede if available.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think my first choice would be something in suede. The Cadogan is on the front page of the C&J page. Sydney would also be an option, but maybe too sleek. The Boston would also be an option. I would go with something in snuff, polo, or suede if available.

Thanks but I have 4 suede shoes, 1 being a chocolate brown loafer, and want an unlined loafer, the Boston is lined. Sydney would be fine if I wanted a more formal loafer, which I want will buy at a later date in black.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for a loafer to wear the khakis and jeans for summer and currently leaning toward the unlined Harvard in tan pebble grain. Thoughts or other suggestions?

8365b~1_R_1badac16.jpg

8365b_R_1badab49.jpg
Are you averse to shell?

I'm wearing these today (old pix), unlined Rancourt pinch penny:
N7aPS3h.jpg

And, unlined #8 shell by Alden, from Brooks:
kKcKK9f.jpg

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you averse to shell?

I'm wearing these today (old pix), unlined Rancourt pinch penny:
N7aPS3h.jpg

And, unlined #8 shell by Alden, from Brooks:
kKcKK9f.jpg

Not at all...I've been on Rancourt and Alden's website and the place I'm buying carries those brands as well. Thanks for the pics because I have not seen them in the wild and I like them also! I like them too, what model is the Alden? Thanks!

RTWu

Reaction score
I know you said no to suede, but I just picked up EG pimlico in brown suede from Axel's outpost and they have quickly become my favorite go-to casual shoe.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know you said no to suede, but I just picked up EG pimlico in brown suede from Axel's outpost and they have quickly become my favorite go-to casual shoe.

Great looking shoe but I have that same color suede in Carmina string loafer.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not at all...I've been on Rancourt and Alden's website and the place I'm buying carries those brands as well. Thanks for the pics because I have not seen them in the wild and I like them also! I like them too, what model is the Alden? Thanks!
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/on/de...zeex=08&dwvar_034H_widthex=D&cgid=&dfltsize=1

I was able to get my CSR to get me 30% off Corp. discount on the aldens. YMMV. The corp discount has been reduced now to 25%, I think :(

Also, there is a 15% off Rancourt 1st time customer discount.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads