• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pembroke today.

IMG_4546.JPG
IMG_4547.JPG

djbanor

Reaction score
Is there a difference between the RL Marlow and the BB Peal & Co. Cordovan Brogues? I notice that the medallions are slightly different, but anything else?

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a difference between the RL Marlow and the BB Peal & Co. Cordovan Brogues? I notice that the medallions are slightly different, but anything else?
I went TTS in my Marlows, but had to go .5 size down on the Brogues. I got the Marlows from RL so it was all US sizing on both.

djbanor

Reaction score
I went TTS in my Marlows, but had to go .5 size down on the Brogues. I got the Marlows from RL so it was all US sizing on both.
That's very good to know, thanks!

My question was more in terms of quality/build -- what's the reason behind the insane price difference? Just the brand name?

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's very good to know, thanks!

My question was more in terms of quality/build -- what's the reason behind the insane price difference? Just the brand name?
Mostly covered in one of the Brooks Brothers threads, but the last and the welt are different on the shoes too. Though wouldn't affect the prices.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Had a fabulous tour of the CnJ factory yesterday courtesy of the talented Mr Fox. An awe inspiring place steeped in tradition, the atmosphere palpable even when all the craftsmen and women had left for the day. I even met Mr Jones, 4th generation, whose passion for CnJ shone through in every word.
It is amazing indeed to walk through the process that delivers such fine footwear, I hadn't appreciated that when I send shoes for work here they are dealt with by one of only two craftsmen and then the shoes join the line to be finished alongside their brethren. Things you learn!
The sights, smells and history of this place delivers a huge impact on the senses! #englandsfinest
Thanks CnJ for a great meeting, memorable tour and the opportunity to chat with men passionate about their history, tradition and craft.

IMG_1871.jpg
IMG_1872.jpg
IMG_1873.jpg
IMG_1874.jpg
IMG_1876.jpg
IMG_1877.jpg
IMG_1879.jpg
IMG_1880.jpg
IMG_1881.jpg

Skelnik

Reaction score
Had a fabulous tour of the CnJ factory yesterday courtesy of the talented Mr Fox. An awe inspiring place steeped in tradition, the atmosphere palpable even when all the craftsmen and women had left for the day. I even met Mr Jones, 4th generation, whose passion for CnJ shone through in every word.
It is amazing indeed to walk through the process that delivers such fine footwear, I hadn't appreciated that when I send shoes for work here they are dealt with by one of only two craftsmen and then the shoes join the line to be finished alongside their brethren. Things you learn!
The sights, smells and history of this place delivers a huge impact on the senses! #englandsfinest
Thanks CnJ for a great meeting, memorable tour and the opportunity to chat with men passionate about their history, tradition and craft.

View attachment 781360 View attachment 781362 View attachment 781364 View attachment 781366 View attachment 781368 View attachment 781370 View attachment 781373 View attachment 781375 View attachment 781377

So cool! I would really like to do that someday. Such a nice experience. Thanks for sharing!

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So cool! I would really like to do that someday. Such a nice experience. Thanks for sharing!
+1 on all fronts.

@Cleav - thanks for taking the time to share!

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great stuff @Cleav . Thanks. Looks like some Man U fans at C&J!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eduardogs09