• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does C&J do a fur lining? A Zug Snowden, commando sole with full bellows and fur lining would be my dream winter boot.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I guess they do.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked about that over the summer. Was told definitively NO. Had hoped for a version of the Snowdon done for the Turner brothers on their Arctic trip but with captoe. No dice - no fur, no shearling. FWIW.

Last edited:

68Bullitt

Reaction score
Well Budapest, it looks like we will finally be able to get our Snowdon MTO off the ground. It's too bad we didn't have this interest earlier in the year... We could have been wearing these boots right now
ffffuuuu.gif

68Bullitt

Reaction score
For those interested, this was the make-up we had discussed: 228 Last - Oak Wax Hide - 5 Speed Hooks - Full Bellows Tounge - Faux Stitch Captoe - Commando Sole - Veldtschoen - Full Leather Lining?

nigeljh

Reaction score
I'm in for Zug. What's the deets?

Currently all I've asked about is to a full bellows version, preferably in zug, everything else being the same as the standard Snowdon. I'm waiting to hear the response from the factory on the availability of zug which will take a 'few days'. If that's not going to work then I'd still be up for doing a standard oak wax hide version, but with full bellows.

I'll also ask about faux cap-toe and if they all have to be the same, and if we can vary the widths (as someone asked), but I don't really see why not??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads