• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, I'm very soon starting a GMTO for the old RL style Lindrick in whiskey shell. As whiskey shell is extremely scarce, delivery won't be before early 2016, but all the more reason to place the order now so the hides can be reserved. I still have some small details to work out with Lauren before I will make the official announcement, but if you wanna be shortlisted please drop me a PM. The style can be seen here:

Details will include dole leather soles, antique edges, 4 metal eyelets + 4 speedhooks.

Nice weekend!
SKM

Ian L

Reaction score

Good stuff Ian. They indeed look very comfortable. Luckily for you, you were able to buy shoes you like, at a discounted price. 

Thanks mate. They look much better on foot... I always had an impression that the last is really elongated until I tried the shoes On...

GuP

Reaction score
Recommendation for the best CJ shoe(s) to be worn with a tux for a classic black tie look?

Will be heading to NYC store to try on some recommended CJ soon.

68Bullitt

Reaction score
^ The Overton would be fine, but only if the OP doesn't mind patent leather. I think the Alex or Audley would be great options, just give them a good shine.

Ian L

Reaction score

Good find. Wasn't aware CJ did patent leather. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be opting for patent leather as I will rarely ever wear except with the tuxedo. Calf will likely get more wear and provide versatility.

They have some black Oxford on sale right now, although I didn't pay attention to the styles...

GuP

Reaction score
Just browsing CJ website and they have quite a few black cap toe oxfords. Are they more or less the same and just made on different lasts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads