• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Tuur

Reaction score
^^ Mine are in the air too! Hopefully a Saturday Delivery!"
You're lucky. I ordered them in the C&J Brussels store and they don't have the dark brown calf ones in stock (only the black ones). So they'll have to come from the C&J factory. I guess it will take a month or so.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been on the fence on either the dark brown or suede Tetbury... anyone have pics of these boots after a few wears? I need something for rainy and light snowy days.

jaywhyy

Reaction score
Last edited:

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Been on the fence on either the dark brown or suede Tetbury... anyone have pics of these boots after a few wears? I need something for rainy and light snowy days.

Here are my brown Tetburys (I happen to have worn them today; you can see a small scuff on the left big toe):

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've had them for about 3-5 years and love them so much, I just bought a pair of black nubuck (I was torn between black and suede). They are my go-to business casual boots in rain and light snow. I don't think they're the waxed nubuck, but I forget the name C&J used. I do polish them with red periodically and also use Saphir's "mahagoni" colored cream to maintain the reddish tint. I think the red gives the color more depth (Several places actually look like wood grain).

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking forward to wearing these in summer. Anyone guess the last?

I thought 337 as they are made under license to the famous McAfee firm.

No shots of the soles to see if they are hand grades until they arrive.

cj456k2

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

As a relatively poor university student, my funds are quite limited. This means that I cannot spend a fortune on a pair of boots, but I think that it isn't something you can really save on.

Could somebody please inform me whether the price list below is valid for C&J retail stores in London? The model I am interested in is Chelsea 8 in Black wax calf.

http://www.crockettandjones.com/Content/docs/Crockett-and-Jones-UK-Mail-Order-Form-Aug-2012.pdf

Thank you,
CJ

maltess

Reaction score
I bought a Chelsea 3 like 4 years ago at pediwear and the price was like 270 pounds, now its 370. Dont you agree that this price increase in C&J is a bit unusual, other brans seem to hold their prices for longer periods. Dont you think 370 pounds for C&J benchgrade is becoming a bit overpriced?

regards

Last edited:

cj456k2

Reaction score
Yes, indeed, I have to admit that as more time passes by, I've been getting these second thought about C&J. It seems that the bench grade models are 'a bit' overpriced compared to other manufacturers.

Therefore, can you please recommend me anything else besides Chelsea 8 by C&J? Most of the time I would wear them in a pretty casual manner. Not really intending to wear them with a suit or anything.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a Chelsea 3 like 4 years ago at pediwear and the price was like 270 pounds, now its 370. Dont you agree that this price increase in C&J is a bit unusual, other brans seem to hold their prices for longer periods. Dont you think 370 pounds for C&J benchgrade is becoming a bit overpriced?

regards

Increase in demand = increase in prices. No different from any luxury brands like Omega, Rolex, Burberry, Porsche, etc etc...

My next pair will definitely be from Vass!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics