• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Salsalocust

Reaction score
"Chelsea 3" in burgundy scotch grain

july23001.jpg

july23004.jpg

I like this... the burgundy and the tan elastic are perfect bedfellows!

Regards,

Graham

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"Chelsea 3" in burgundy scotch grain

july23001.jpg

july23004.jpg

I like this... the burgundy and the tan elastic are perfect bedfellows!

Regards,

Graham

No kidding!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

:slayer: where to kop those?

I never understood the appeal of pebble grain, scotch grain or any of these simliar treatment. Wouldn't it be better to just go exotic if this is the texture you want? I guess that might have something to do with the fact I wore suit pretty much all the time, just seem too casual too me.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
:slayer: where to kop those?

I never understood the appeal of pebble grain, scotch grain or any of these simliar treatment. Wouldn't it be better to just go exotic if this is the texture you want? I guess that might have something to do with the fact I wore suit pretty much all the time, just seem too casual too me.

well exotic's are generally not cheap nor do they behave like calf do too when being made

billionaireboy

Reaction score
Can someone advise what the best generic shoe tree is for the 348 last and 236 last? Seeing as the C&J trees aren't lasted, I don't want to spend over $100 on a pair of shoe trees if they can be had for a fraction of the price and fit better. I assume most people would recommend the Epic shoe tree but I'm afraid they will be too wide for the 348.

Last edited:

rabiesinfrance

Reaction score
Very nice Cliffords. The 337 last is stylish, but probably not my cup of tea. That said, it's affordable: EG is about £200 more.

cscharti

Reaction score
I just have the proper size AE shoes trees in my 348 Drummonds, they fill them out nicely without being to wide. You can get them for $19.95 with free shipping from AE....

Last edited:

Lear

Reaction score

Fantastic! I love Connaught.

May I ask what sort of polish you use and how much time you had tp spend getting them like that?

Hi NDD

I think it's perfect as a first affordable, quality shoe. It hits that sweet spot between price versus quality. All products used are Saphir MdO. As I already had a mirror going, it took just six thin coats; this over a previously applied layer of Renovateur. Total time was less than 20 minutes. Each top-up thereafter will be about 5 minutes.

I know how derailing threads is frowned upon around here, so I'll simply point you to:

http://www.styleforum.net/forum/thread/228153/the-official-shoe-care-thread-tutorials-photos-etc

All the info is there :)

Lear

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads