• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The 2024 Styleforum and Epaulet Alpaca Project

For the third year in a row, we're thrilled to partner with @Epaulet to bring you an exclusive collection of luxurious sweaters, hats, jackets, and blankets in Peruvian Alpaca.

Details can be found here

The Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

T1mb0

Reaction score
And here they are: Skyes in Navy Suede, I really like suede!
Of course I will choose other trousers for the real first wear...

View attachment 2246577

View attachment 2246579

View attachment 2246581

Hi @shoeinvestor
How are you enjoying the Navy suede Skye’s? Do you have any more photos of them with other trousers?

I’ve got the last pair in my size on hold with the Dutch store at the moment and just deciding whether to go for it.

Any feedback much appreciated!

Thanks
Tim

Markintosh

Reaction score
And here they are: Skyes in Navy Suede, I really like suede!
Of course I will choose other trousers for the real first wear...

View attachment 2246577

View attachment 2246579

View attachment 2246581
Is that Navy or Ocean Suede? I ask because I'm getting ready to place a MTO for a pair of ocean suede Boston loafers. I live in an area that is warm and gets very little rain, I find that suede is really easy to take care of, and the vamp does not crease as much. The saphir suede spray that has almond oil and a bit if blue pigment in it makes them look new again - it's just an amazing product. I have quite a few pairs of blue suede shoes - I think the shade of blue you have with these would look great with very light wash blue jeans. I have the following pair of jeans, I wear them with suede that are similar to what you have on, as well as dark blue Pembroke's that I pair with light blue laces....

Screenshot 2024-10-08 at 7.43.16 AM.png

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
Is that Navy or Ocean Suede? I ask because I'm getting ready to place a MTO for a pair of ocean suede Boston loafers. I live in an area that is warm and gets very little rain, I find that suede is really easy to take care of, and the vamp does not crease as much. The saphir suede spray that has almond oil and a bit if blue pigment in it makes them look new again - it's just an amazing product. I have quite a few pairs of blue suede shoes - I think the shade of blue you have with these would look great with very light wash blue jeans. I have the following pair of jeans, I wear them with suede that are similar to what you have on, as well as dark blue Pembroke's that I pair with light blue laces....

View attachment 2259811
Zwartjes list them as Navy Suede. However, they are somewhat lighter in colour than my C&J Hyle in Navy Suede. I would not rely too much on colour consistency. For example, I have a pair of Camberleys in Tobacco Suede which have the exact same colour as all my Snuff Suede C&Js.

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
Hi @shoeinvestor
How are you enjoying the Navy suede Skye’s? Do you have any more photos of them with other trousers?

I’ve got the last pair in my size on hold with the Dutch store at the moment and just deciding whether to go for it.

Any feedback much appreciated!

Thanks
Tim
Sorry, due to my somewhat larger rotation, I have worn them only thrice so far and I really like them. I only took the following photos with another pair of trousers. But I also wear them with muted red twill trousers.

IMG_7424.JPG

IMG_7423.JPG

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guy-Bold