• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The 2024 Styleforum and Epaulet Alpaca Project

For the third year in a row, we're thrilled to partner with @Epaulet to bring you an exclusive collection of luxurious sweaters, hats, jackets, and blankets in Peruvian Alpaca.

Details can be found here

The Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Ypuh

Reaction score
Just ordered 03. Light brown creme today, but the neutral looks better. Ah well, that's life I suppose. I could always mix in some darker brown.

Highlighting the grain pattern is nice though.

bemk

Reaction score
Just ordered 03. Light brown creme today, but the neutral looks better. Ah well, that's life I suppose. I could always mix in some darker brown.

Yep. Just as the original dye bleaches and fades so will the colour pigments from the shoe cream. So if you just wear them and the more they see sunlight, the sooner you'll be pretty much back to a faded neutral and can boost that again with a neutral care then.

(You could also take off the residual colour from the cream with Renomat, which is aggressive stuff and to a lesser degree with Renovateur, which nourishes the leather but also contains solvents. (For normal care Renovateur is totally over the top.)
But with no experience chances are not bad that you will ruin the leather. I've been there. 😥 )

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
Adding to the neutral vs colour pigment discussions, here are my pembroke in natural daylight without any creme/polish treatment so far. Just wiped down with a cloth. No camera filters or adjustments.

After bemk's thorough research and testing, i am very much convinced that neutral creme/wax is the way to live with a pembroke.

1000090371.jpg

1000090370.jpg

serbarristan

Reaction score
Hello gents,
I have a question for you. I ordered some laces from the US CJ's site last week, this is my first time using it.
They 'accepted' my order, and it has just been sitting pretty on my account for over a week, with no movement.
Has anyone in the States ordered any accessories from the CJ's website? Are they this 'patient' with processing things supposely in stock?
I ordered laces a few months back and had a similar experience. Turns out they were sitting in my mailbox for days and had arrived surprisingly fast.

Ypuh

Reaction score
Since we're still on the subject of TSG, does anyone know where I can find a matching belt (preferably in the EU)?

I can go for the C&J one at €170. Seems like a nice gift for under the christmas tree or as a graduation gift (went back to uni and finished last summer), but then I'll have to start explicitly instructing some people soon.

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
Since we're still on the subject of TSG, does anyone know where I can find a matching belt (preferably in the EU)?

I can go for the C&J one at €170. Seems like a nice gift for under the christmas tree or as a graduation gift (went back to uni and finished last summer), but then I'll have to start explicitly instructing some people soon.
Sounds like your in for a £170 whipping on christmas or your graduation 🔥🧯:p

T1mb0

Reaction score

I have the below belt in Tan and can confirm it’s very close to C&J TSG and of good quality https://thebritishbeltcompany.co.uk/products/miller-mens-leather-jeans-belt?variant=50291827114310

The only issue may be the EU requirement..

bemk

Reaction score

Go for the real stuff! If you want a TSG with a silver buckle, they MTO this for you:

241003_0502_Crockett-Jones-Belt-Tan-DarkNrown-Scotch-Grain.jpg

- Crockett & Jones Tan Scotch Grain, Dark Brown Scotch Grain - Tan Scotch Grain Brass -

bemk

Reaction score
These are lovely @bemk . You got to also post some pics of the milled calf coniston you acquired. Would be interesting to see how that leather is coming along?

Well, I only wore them very shortly twice and then wondered, if I would want to sell them. At that time I also got the Lindrick Whisky Shell and the Skye 2 in Burgundy Shell and I have so many boots.

What triggered me most was that I have that Chestnut leather with my Skye 3 and then there is my Marron Stow and Marron Burford, which are roughly of a similar tonality, at least when it comes to matching boots with clothes.

Though they are beautiful, I still think I will sell them and either keep the discipline or surrender to the Donegal. 🏳️

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OxfordEngineer