• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The 2024 Styleforum and Epaulet Alpaca Project

For the third year in a row, we're thrilled to partner with @Epaulet to bring you an exclusive collection of luxurious sweaters, hats, jackets, and blankets in Peruvian Alpaca.

Details can be found here

The Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Ypuh

Reaction score
Agreed, I was being conservative, I can’t believe someone let them go for €50.

I have a contact with with someone who’s shop closed and they have about 40 pairs left with limited sizes and models. Luckily for me they had Pembroke and Coniston in my size.
They popped up (had a search alert set on C&J) for €85 with really bad photos by a new user with 0 reviews. He send me some additional photo's of the soles and we agreed on a price (honestly, 0 reviews and new user is usually a red flag for me, but his response was friendly and coherent). Paid €56,45 incl. shipping and received a t&t 15 minutes later.

I almost feel sorry for paying so little, but he can take comfort in knowing they'll go to someone who enjoys them and not a reseller. I ordered some light brown Saphir creme and new laces, and just gave them a leather soap clean. So far a pleasant first encounter with C&J :).

Ps. The guy was also selling single edition p*rn magazines and a furby, I kid you not.

Fenners81

Reaction score
They popped up (had a search alert set on C&J) for €85 with really bad photos by a new user with 0 reviews. He send me some additional photo's of the soles and we agreed on a price (honestly, 0 reviews and new user is usually a red flag for me, but his response was friendly and coherent). Paid €56,45 incl. shipping and received a t&t 15 minutes.

I almost feel sorry for paying so little, but he can take comfort in knowing they'll go to someone who enjoys them and not a reseller. I ordered some light brown Saphir creme and new laces, and just gave them a leather soap clean. So far a pleasant first encounter with C&J :).

Ps. The guy was also selling single edition p*rn magazines, I kid you not.
Sometimes a lack of seller feedback works in your favour. How many mags did you order?

bemk

Reaction score
Tan Scotch Grain, rarely seen these days so I thought I'd step into the breach:

241004_Crockett-Jones-Coniston_Tan_Scotch_Grain.jpg

- Crockett & Jones Coniston, Tan Scotch Grain -

oskrusa

Reaction score
Hello gents,
I have a question for you. I ordered some laces from the US CJ's site last week, this is my first time using it.
They 'accepted' my order, and it has just been sitting pretty on my account for over a week, with no movement.
Has anyone in the States ordered any accessories from the CJ's website? Are they this 'patient' with processing things supposely in stock?

bemk

Reaction score
Just found this in the bottom of my shoe polish bag. Didn’t know I had it but hoping it’s the same one you were using on your Pembrokes @bemk?

View attachment 2257997

Yes, I used that one, but not on the Pembroke. I applied it to one of my Coniston as shown in #31,639

It's nice as long as you like that it brightens up the leather, which you can see clearly here. The left pair got that 'Saphir 03', the pair to the right is the rarely worn, newer and never treated pair:

241003_0481_Crockett-Jones-Tan-Scotch-Grain.jpg

Though I like it, I strongly prefer a neutral cream as shown in #31,617 and #31,623
So I'm not sure, if I will use it again. But as you will receive a new pair these days, you will have some time to think about it. 😃🍻

bemk

Reaction score
P.S.: @Fenners81

What is very nice with the '03' is, that it gives more contrast to the pattern. You get all these dark spots like islands in an ocean of bright brown.
You can also see this in the picture above. So if you like the brighter look, you get a bonus on top.

The Coniston I showed 7 posts up this morning is the untreated one.

Btw: I wasn't happy with the 'light hazelnut' shown in the Pembroke comparisons. So 2 days later I took most of it carefully off with Renomat and then applied a bit of Renovateur as Renomat 'dries' the leather and then gave it a bit of neutral cream, which gave it a final Wow-effect.
Now they look already pretty similar to the original colour and will be 'there' when the rest of the hazelnut will have completely faded.

Last edited:

Fenners81

Reaction score
P.S.: @Fenners81

What is very nice with the '03' is, that it gives more contrast to the pattern. You get all these dark spots like islands in an ocean of bright brown.
You can also see this in the picture above. So if you like the brighter look, you get a bonus on top.

The Coniston I showed 7 posts up this morning is the untreated one.

Btw: I wasn't happy with the 'light hazelnut' shown in the Pembroke comparisons. So 2 days later I took most of it carefully off with Renomat and then applied a bit of Renovateur as Renomat 'dries' the leather and then gave it a bit of neutral cream, which gave it a final Wow-effect.
Now they look already pretty similar to the original colour and will be 'there' when the rest of the hazelnut will have completely faded.
I think I’ll stick with neutral. Just liked the idea of using up my surplus expensive shoe cream!

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RajMS16