• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
In the office with C&J Westfield in Dark Brown calf and suede. I can see no similarities between the two pairs. But some guys here ask "Why do you have two identical pairs of shoes?"...
IMG_20240918_113153.jpg

Fenners81

Reaction score
In the office with C&J Westfield in Dark Brown calf and suede. I can see no similarities between the two pairs. But some guys here ask "Why do you have two identical pairs of shoes?"...
View attachment 2247463
To non-shoe folk who often only own one or two pairs, having multiple that are on the face of it similar, is madness. I’m criticised for this regularly.

Fenners81

Reaction score
View attachment 2247463
I’ve got some Westgate 2 arriving today, but starting to think I should have gone for yours… Semi-brogue looks cleaner.

Last edited:

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
How does hurricane hide take cream/polish? I quite enjoy polishing shoes/boots. With a glass of red wine, I find it therapeutic and relaxing. Does cream sit on top of hurricane hide or does it absorb it?

Also, can you use renovator on hurricane hide?

P.S those boots look outstanding!
Cheers mate @PairOfDerby's

I use saphir creme. But I think it needs very little application as its an oily leather . Apply too much and it ends up sitting there as a layer.

I've not tried renovator on it. Dont see what harm it could do

Reaction score
In the office with C&J Westfield in Dark Brown calf and suede.

These Westfield Oxfords look beautifully elongated! I was complaining to someone that the 341 last was too round and short. I guess I was not making sense.

I was hoping that even the brogue Oxfords could have the fashion forward shape of Last 348.

However, the Westfield Oxfords in 341 look so shapely and classy! They surely are much more pleasant to my eyes than the short and round old school country derbies.

I’ve got some Westgate 2 arriving today, but starting to think I should have gone for yours… Semi-brogue looks cleaner.

I'm starting to feel the same way. Semi-brogue cap-toes just seem to have the right balance between formality and fun.

The only thing is that C&J offers Westgate 2 with city rubber soles, but Westfield with leather soles only. Westfield with city rubber soles currently has to be special ordered.

Last edited:

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
These Westfield Oxfords look beautifully elongated! I was complaining to someone that the 341 last was too round and short. I guess I was not making sense.

I was hoping that even the brogue Oxfords could have the fashion forward shape of Last 348.

However, the Westfield Oxfords in 341 look so shapely and classy! They surely are much more pleasant to my eyes than the short and round old school country derbies.

I'm starting to feel the same way. Semi-brogue cap-toes just seem to have the right balance between formality and fun.

The only thing is that C&J offers Westgate 2 with city rubber soles, but Westfield with leather soles only. Westfield with city rubber soles currently has to be special ordered.
To be honest, I do not like the shape of last 348. For me, it is too elongated.
341 is my preference in terms of modern elongated lasts. But then, I also like the classic 236 and have a lot of Connaughts on 236.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aliasvishnu