• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Ypuh

Reaction score
The C&J size chart puts me at an UK 11. In Cheaney/Loake/Tricker's I'm clearly a UK 10 and in some brands (e.g. Carlos Santos) even a 9.5 UK.

That's probably also the primary reason why I don't own any C&J's yet. I buy most of my shoes on either huge online sales or Vinted. You don't see C&J that often only, and as long as I don't know my sizes...

ha er

Reaction score
The C&J size chart puts me at an UK 11. In Cheaney/Loake/Tricker's I'm clearly a UK 10 and in some brands (e.g. Carlos Santos) even a 9.5 UK.

That's probably also the primary reason why I don't own any C&J's yet. I buy most of my shoes on either huge online sales or Vinted. You don't see C&J that often only, and as long as I don't know my sizes...
the actual size chart of c&j is rubbish.
my feet are 28,5cm, this directs me to a UK 11 now. but I've been very happy with UK 10 in c&j for years.
don't know what they are smoking at the directors board...

Ypuh

Reaction score
the actual size chart of c&j is rubbish.
my feet are 28,5cm, this directs me to a UK 11 now. but I've been very happy with UK 10 in c&j for years.
don't know what they are smoking at the directors board...
Good to know. My feet are also exactly 28.5cm. It seemed very unlikely to go with a UK11, or even 10.5. Might take a gamble on the new green roughout by @Humpty_Dumpty_Rises once I can find them 20% off or so

Pascal1980

Reaction score
than do as you like.
I presume only very few people in frankfurt even know the difference between an oxford and a "budapester".
True, and when looking at people's feet most wear unpolished shoes unfortunately. The derby with 4-5 eylets and a captoe is a traditional "Theresianer" or "Kapuziner". With full broguing a "Budapester". The "Oxford" is known with closed lacing and a captoe in black, dark brown or bordeaux that you can buy at the Austrian-Hungarian shoe manufacturers "Alt Wien", "Ludwig Reiter", "Laszlo Budapest", "Handmacher" and of course "Heinrich-Dinkelacker":

Most business shoes are nowadays cemented plain derbies, some "Budapester", the loafers and very few oxfords or double-monks.

By the way, in London it is the same with a mix from smart casual with sneakers, to business casual and then business attire with polished oxfords. As a German I am certainly not underdressen in London :).

Best regards

Pascal

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
Islays in Tan Grain:

IMG_7390.JPG

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
Just a quick heads-up that there are still C&J sales at 'Zwartjes van 1883', a Dutch shoe store, with free shipping to EU countries (if the price is higher than ~€350). They also sell some MTO/handgrade C&J shoes.

The website is configured in a quite irritating way where you can't filter shoes on sale by the designer, so I compiled a list below:

1. Brecon: dark brown country calf boots | EU 40E/ UK 6E | €660 --> €549. Link.
  2. Connaught 2: light-brown/tan cap toe oxfords | EU 42.5E; EU 45E | €660 --> €449. Link.
  3. Hallam: brown suede cap toe oxfords | EU 43E; EU 47E | €640 --> €470. Link.
  4. Westfield: brown brogues | EU 43E; EU 43.5E | €650 --> €469. Link.
  5. Cranton: brown suede chelsea's | EU 40E | €560 --> €450. Link.
  6. Bodmin: brown chukka's | EU 39E | €500 --> €330. Link.
  7. Bodmin: black chukka's | EU 42.5E | €550 --> €400. Link.
  8. Portman: brown suede (handgrade) | EU 40E | €700 --> €600. Link.
  9. Cadogan: brown tobacco (handgrade) | EU 41E | €720 --> €550. Link.
  10. Northcote: boots (MTO) | EU 47 | €600 --> €330. Link.
  11. Barnet: khaki ankle boots | EU 40E; EU 43.5E | €550 --> €350. Link.
  12. Fleet: dark brown suede horse bit loafers | EU 41 | €500 --> €400. Link.
  13. Fleet: ocean blue suede horse bit loafers | EU 40; EU 41 | €500 --> €380. Link.
  14. Lanark: burgundy | EU 40 | €580 --> €450. Link.
  15. Skye: brogue boots in navy suede (MTO) | many sizes | €570 --> €450. Link.
  16. Nice: chestnut leather penny loafers | EU 40/42/42.5/44/45E | €600 --> €450. Link.
  17. Nice: light brown suede penny loafers | EU 39/42/42.5/43 | €600 --> €450. Link.

Other sale you might've missed: Waardijk Schoenen. Link.
And here they are: Skyes in Navy Suede, I really like suede!
Of course I will choose other trousers for the real first wear...

IMG_7379.JPG

IMG_7380.JPG

IMG_7383.JPG

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
Won’t be long, we have been setting the trend with a couple of our GMTO’s that have become main collection models
An Islay in tan scotch grain is a no brainer. The only reason C&J wont do an islay in this colour is simply because they deliberately or strategically dont want to. I cannot see any other reasoning to it.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swoop5