• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Marmite89

Reaction score
Just arrived; my Winter Sales purchase from Alex at 77 Jermyn St.

This is the now discontinued Division Road make-up: Moray in Chocolate Hurricane Hide

The colour is everything I wanted it to be and I imagine this will be a great choice of leather and style for me.

IMG_5385.jpeg

IMG_5387.jpeg

IMG_5388.jpeg

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No idea. Those are the ones that come with the boots. Too large for my liking.
This picture made me realize this might be the solution for my skinny ankles problem with some boot shafts being too wide for me. What size laces are you using?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score

This is the now discontinued Division Road make-up: Moray in Chocolate Hurricane Hide

The colour is everything I wanted it to be and I imagine this will be a great choice of leather and style for me.

View attachment 2100143

View attachment 2100147

View attachment 2100151
Pleased I didn’t get them now mate.. we both 9! 😂
I’d got a hurricane via a good mate in USA delivered pre Xmas and I got the loafer instead

Attachments

• IMG_4339.jpeg
    IMG_4339.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 86

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hi all, hope everyone is enjoying the festivities in good health!

Just wanted some opinions... looking for a second pair of cordovan boots. I already have a pair of brown Harlech's. What do you think about adding a pair of whiskey cordovan Harlech's? I have a pair of whiskey cordovan Pembroke's (some German outfitter's MTO from many years ago). Non-cordovan stuff wise I have the Islay/Coniston/Galway and Skye 2.

The other option is a pair of used Galway 2s in brown cordovan.

I like the apron on the Galway... but equally dying to try out some Whiskey cords! MTO not an option for me at the moment.

Thank you all!
I love the Galway pattern but also the 341 last…

I’d go with another colour or style but those are the two options you’ve given. If the used Galway is decent price think about a resole to maybe Ridgeway to give yourself a different sole combo. Shoe Healer I think charges £80-100 for that. Just an idea and happy shopping..

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
Last edited:

Marmite89

Reaction score
Pleased I didn’t get them now mate.. we both 9! 😂
I’d got a hurricane via a good mate in USA delivered pre Xmas and I got the loafer instead
I saw those Burgundy Shell loafers on Alex’s list. Love the colour but loafers aren’t my cup of tea.

I consider myself dead lucky, I’d lusted after the Moray when DR first did the C&J link up. Wasn’t worth the cost to import. I missed the coffee hurricane Islay in the last sale, I hesitated an hour too long. This time I hit reply/buy the moment I saw them.

They might get an early re-sole and some speed hooks back at the factory at some stage.

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score

View attachment 2100143

View attachment 2100147

View attachment 2100151
The commando sole edge is surprisingly sleek and very well proportioned to the upper @Marmite89 . Whats your thought on it? Almost feels like a ridgeway from the edges while holding the shoe in hand

Marmite89

Reaction score
The commando sole edge is surprisingly sleek and very well proportioned to the upper @Marmite89 . Whats your thought on it? Almost feels like a ridgeway from the edges while holding the shoe in hand
I like the tallness the sole adds. You are right about proportions, but these aren’t small/delicate boots. These newer Commando soles are reasonably supple but still feel heavy on the feet vs Ridgeway (I’ve been wearing R/O Islay today). First impressions are everything I wanted, love the colour, love the cap toe, enjoying the 325 last, it’s a good fit on me, 9 is spot on in this case, not a thought of needing 0.5 down as I can do in some boots. I am loving the aesthetics of the all eyelets (lots of them!), but not convinced on how practical they might be. I work in an airport and go in/out of security all the time so get pulled for footwear random checks.

oldworldelegance

Reaction score
I saw those Burgundy Shell loafers on Alex’s list. Love the colour but loafers aren’t my cup of tea.

I consider myself dead lucky, I’d lusted after the Moray when DR first did the C&J link up. Wasn’t worth the cost to import. I missed the coffee hurricane Islay in the last sale, I hesitated an hour too long. This time I hit reply/buy the moment I saw them.

They might get an early re-sole and some speed hooks back at the factory at some stage.

How does Alex's list (presumably what's available in the main Jermyn st store) differ from the online sale and how does one get hold of it?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score

I was never, and truthfully still feel guilty about wearing, loafers. The Harvard is the only one I’ve ever got that fits perfectly! They are ideal for warmer weather and holidays where packing light means they can be very useful. I have the brown and whiskey and did consider a colour 8 group order so was delighted to get on sale! I’m now a believer in get what you want not what you can so delighted we both (all by sounds of it) got what we actually wanted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads