• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

newtboots123

Reaction score
How do people feel about brown shoes with suits at a wedding?

Eg a dark brown Oxford or formal derby with a navy suit? Obviously not for black tie, but 'formal' attire at a summer wedding?

Gustaf

Reaction score

Eg a dark brown Oxford or formal derby with a navy suit? Obviously not for black tie, but 'formal' attire at a summer wedding?

Need a little more information here. Where will the wedding ceremony take place? In the city? In the country? At the beach? What else do you know about the hosts and guests? Either way, I would never wear derby shoes to a wedding as they just aren’t formal enough.

shoefan57

Reaction score

In the right venue either could work. Some Derbies are very smart and unless the wedding is a “society wedding” brown shoes are fine and could look wonderful. At many UK weddings nowadays we see Grooms and Groomsmen wearing tan shoes!

newtboots123

Reaction score
Yeah I meant the question more generally, rather than a specific wedding. In North America brown completely fine as long as dress shoes, and actually brown with navy is seen as better than black with navy (I agree with this, I think black shoes with Navy suits don't look great). I know London used to be 'no brown in town' but that's changing a lot, and thought Europe was generally less strict on this.

Would be more for 'summer' weddings.

Specific shoe would be something like Walton 2 in dark brown, it's derby but about as formal as you can get with brown derby IMO

Camillo

Reaction score
Although these are PRL Marlows by C&J, but this thread is definitely more lively than the one devoted strictly to PRL, so I don't think anyone will mind if I post them here...
2FF1A7EE-D10D-4FB8-AD73-6385BFF87518.JPG

3EFCB1B1-7F51-4594-B693-F32040AF2B9A.JPG

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although these are PRL Marlows by C&J, but this thread is definitely more lively than the one devoted strictly to PRL, so I don't think anyone will mind if I post them here...
View attachment 1916695
View attachment 1916697

I can not recall anyone announcing that a pair of shoes made by CJ but not labeled CJ using pleasantries to post pics of their shoes. We thank you for being a gentleman, but you don't have to be. Just post some pics of nice shoes. :-D ;)
We will figure out what belongs and what doesn't haha.

shoefan57

Reaction score
Does anyone here know whether C&J made models other than Skye, Cardigan and the current offerings of Chelsea on the 335 last? I’ve been having a foot problem and my Peebles on this last are the most comfortable of all my C&Js. I’ve ordered Skye and Cardigan but wondered if there’s more choice than those ( not a great fan of Chelsea boots in general)

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
Does anyone here know whether C&J made models other than Skye, Cardigan and the current offerings of Chelsea on the 335 last? I’ve been having a foot problem and my Peebles on this last are the most comfortable of all my C&Js. I’ve ordered Skye and Cardigan but wondered if there’s more choice than those ( not a great fan of Chelsea boots in general)
Borghini Classic has a Coniston in brown suede on last 335. And it is even on sale! Perhaps not all sizes will be available.

Gustaf

Reaction score

Borghini Classic has a Coniston in brown suede on last 335. And it is even on sale! Perhaps not all sizes will be available.

This. Borghini should be your best bet finding other 335 models off the shelf.

Their sale has been going on forever, I am curious to see what they will bring in after it ends.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads