• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
G, the Drummond in beechnut, is this an old stock or special order? I thought they stop the production on this color, which is what I always wanted?

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

G, the Drummond in beechnut, is this an old stock or special order? I thought they stop the production on this color, which is what I always wanted?

Yes - they stopped production of the Drummond in beechnut this year. They just happened to still have pair in my size that they pulled from another store. You can call the stores on Jermyn St and they can pull up the London inventory on their computer. To my knowledge the NYC store will not provide this service as they will only sell from their stock or MTO.

You also might find them from an online retailer still in stock. Or for 50pounds more you can order any C&J shoe in the leather of your choice. Although, in my opinion adding that 50 pounds to the cost makes a C&J benchgrade shoe a bit overpriced.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes - they stopped production of the Drummond in beechnut this year. They just happened to still have pair in my size that they pulled from another store. You can call the stores on Jermyn St and they can pull up the London inventory on their computer. To my knowledge the NYC store will not provide this service as they will only sell from their stock or MTO.
You also might find them from an online retailer still in stock. Or for 50pounds more you can order any C&J shoe in the leather of your choice. Although, in my opinion adding that 50 pounds to the cost makes a C&J benchgrade shoe a bit overpriced.

congrats! I think I should call the Jermyn store as another channel. the NY store was on a lookout for this color last year but no success. The problem is I have a small feet, 5.5 on 348/341 for best fit. I thought about the custom option but I had the same conclusion of being overpriced for bench made. I guess I have to wait and continue my journey finding an austere brogue within the budget. ..getting close on pulling the trigger on the chestnut, but I already this color/shade
Thanks !

Eustace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross-post.

Westfield from Barneys:

photo5.jpg

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ap10046

Reaction score

crocketts.jpg
#1 and #4 are CJ in the following pic
boots.jpg
Old Post..I know...but why do my Cottesmores look nothing like No. 1 in the bottom picture? These are GORGEOUS!! Also are No. 3, Grenson Smiths?

ap10046

Reaction score

What's the difference between yours and the photo,...colour? If so easily remedied.

Well colour, mainly..but even the shape looks "sleeker"? Mine look a bit more frumpy. I'll put up a pic.....how would I get them to become this colour?

Northampton Novice

Reaction score
By using the appropriate shoe cream it is quite simple to create a rich patina. When you post pics there will be no shortage of suggestions...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads