• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

CTBrummie

Reaction score
These are Brooks Brothers Peal and Co. boots. I'm trying to figure out who makes these, I just bought a pair. I was told they might be CJ. Can any of you confirm that? Also, what are your opinions on these boots?

Not for me, personally. They remind me of many of the recent Grenson/Barbour collaborations, which try and mesh too many 'traditional' things together and just end up with a mongrel article of clothing.

Plus, the herringbone might start to grate very quickly as it'll show every time you sit down, drawing eyes to your calf, of all places...and it's something else to think about matching to your trousers or jeans and jacket...

hanskl

Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of Coniston boots, along with a dark brown antique calf belt. Can't wait to get it!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is any of the C&J stuff sold by BB on a fairly sleek last? I recall comments that the cap toes, at least, are on a pretty bland last.

Last edited:

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is any of the C&J stuff sold by BB on a fairly sleek last? I recall comments that the cap toes, at least, are on a pretty bland last.

BB shoes and boots are not made by C&J.

Some of the BB Peal brand shoes have been made by C&J and Alfred Sargent. They have moved a lot to Loake, but I believe select shoes are still made by these two.

I have a pair of Peals made by C&J. They have the last written inside the shoe - mine are on the 325. If you get to see the shoes in person, you'll be able to see the last number.

Phoenix_AZ

Reaction score
I am certain that someone here will give a full run down on what current models of Brooks Brothers Peal & Co. shoes and boots are made by C&J, such as the Peal & Co. Cordovan Boot.

I have 2 pair of Peal & Co monks that are C & J and I believe that the ones they carry today are the same.

A search for Brooks Brothers Crockett and Jones will show that they have made and continue to make Peal and Co shoes and boots.

Now, not all shoes are C & J, but some are.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This isn't a sure fire way to distinguish the two, but I think most of the C&J for BB shoes are currently priced at least $598 and the Loake ones are cheaper than this. I don't have anything to back this up, but I find that has been the trend I have been seeing with the ones that have been confirmed as C&J by either someone on the forum or by the Q&A on the website.

Last edited:

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what last the Perforated Cap toe is on? I know this has been discussed before, but I can't find the thread through search anymore.

heterophilous

Reaction score
Last edited:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

it looks like more of peal co manufacturing is getting shifted to AS, but here is one instance of a black calf C&J 'hardwick' STB on the '341' for BNY:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crockett-Jo...=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
and another instance of a white calf 'hardwick' for BB / Peal Co:
http://thestylecure.com/Peal-and-Co-White-Algonquin-Nubucks-342284285.html

C&J post Michael Douglas can't keep up the output to match. I would reckon this might have something to do with it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads