• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Great find! But I'm actually looking for something with a rubber sole. Being that winter is coming up I thought it would be nice to have a dress-type boot with a rubber sole in the closet. 

What size are you? I have a a pair of biggish 11Ds C&J Conistons over in the States. Dainite soles near new.

JBMarce21

Reaction score
Pretty sure I heard Craig asked for Crockett and Jones, and the directors just said yes.
Seconded by the guys at Crockett & jones in NYC. Tom Ford was apparently not pleased.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Brown as well. If I did not know any better I would say they are too different boots. They truley have different characters when worn.
Pics of the brown? I actually think the brown ones look much nicer. I'm not the biggest fan of boots, but these kind are such a beauty!

jmills

Reaction score
Try Chistopher Forbes or C&J dirset on Jermyn Street. I wear UK 12E and they had few boots in stock, wait is under 2 weeks if not.

Definitely call the Jermyn Street stores direct. When you do you will be speaking with a comissioned sales associate who is very motivated to get shoes into your hands. The only drawback that I've found in this regard is that they will prefer to ship DHL which often means customs fees. Ask them to ship Royal Mail as you are far less likely to be charged customs duties via the mail. Although, of course, there are never guarantees as to when you will, or won't be charged duties.
The mail order fulfillment department must not be so motivated.
shog[1].gif

Thanks for the tip... I'll get in touch with the Jermyn Street store and will report back.

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score

Pics of the brown? I actually think the brown ones look much nicer. I'm not the biggest fan of boots, but these kind are such a beauty!

Here is the brown. I did not say which looks better, I just said they have different characteristics. Both black and brown are special in their own way.

Last edited:

ap10046

Reaction score
So understated, but yet....!
Super looking boot SS!

Would love to have a peek at your magnificent collection!

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Super nice. I actually think these looks much nicer. All your shoes are very nice polished and some of them seem brand new? Do you have time to wear them all :D?
Here is the brown. I did not say which looks better, I just said they have different characteristics. Both black and brown are special in their own way.

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score

Super nice. I actually think these looks much nicer. All your shoes are very nice polished and some of them seem brand new? Do you have time to wear them all :D?

I wear a lot of them. I started working from home few years ago, so I wear less of them since, but I will get to them soon. I just got these a couple of weeks back and I will wear them in colder weather, which is coming very soon.

Last edited:

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a lot of them. I started working from home few years ago, so I wear less of them since, but I will get to them soon. I just got these a couple of weeks back and I will wear them in colder weather, which is coming very soon.
Understand. Anyways love your collection and your taste for shoes is
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

TauKappaEpsilon

Reaction score

What do you wear these boots with? Business only or "smart" casual as well? If you wear them casually, how do you wear them?

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score
I wear them with everything from jeans to semi-formal dress. They look best with slim cords or nice Cucenelli chinos. You could dress them up with a nice jacket or blazer or down with a nice sweater. They are very vesatile boots.

Last edited:

TauKappaEpsilon

Reaction score
These are Brooks Brothers Peal and Co. boots. I'm trying to figure out who makes these, I just bought a pair. I was told they might be CJ. Can any of you confirm that? Also, what are your opinions on these boots?

These came in today and they appear to be on the 341 last. Can anyone comment on this last compared to other C&J lasts? I really like this last. The boots fit like a glove without being too snug.

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score

These came in today and they appear to be on the 341 last.  Can anyone comment on this last compared to other C&J lasts?  I really like this last.  The boots fit like a glove without being too snug.

C&J has a last 341 as well. Less dressy than the 348, but a good choice as well.

Last edited:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 341 is shorter than the 348 and just a smidge narrower in the toe. It's a basic/classic almond shaped last.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

These came in today and they appear to be on the 341 last.  Can anyone comment on this last compared to other C&J lasts?  I really like this last.  The boots fit like a glove without being too snug.

could you post pics? and a pic of the outsole?
where did you get them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads