• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

drewvacavaliers

Reaction score
question for the thread: i've got two pairs of c&j-made brooks brothers/peal & co. boots that fit me well. both are size 9.5d. i'm interested in getting additional c&j boots at some point, but i'm not sure how to convert the peal & co. sizing to c&j uk sizing. i know the lasts may be different, but can anyone offer some general sizing advice?

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
question for the thread: i've got two pairs of c&j-made brooks brothers/peal & co. boots that fit me well. both are size 9.5d. i'm interested in getting additional c&j boots at some point, but i'm not sure how to convert the peal & co. sizing to c&j uk sizing. i know the lasts may be different, but can anyone offer some general sizing advice?
It may depend on which last the new boots will be on, but general consensus I think is to go one size down from your U.S. size to convert into UK.

For your reference, I have the shell captoe boots in U.S. 8.5D (240 last) and take the Conistons (325 last) in UK 7.5E, Skye (335 last) in UK 7.5E, and Harlechs (341 last) in UK 8E. The Skyes are snugger than the rest

Skelnik

Reaction score

I wear a half size down in C&J from Peal & Co. I normally wear a 9D US and an 8E UK, but in Peal & Co on the 240 last I wear an 8.5 D. They are a bit snug when new but the 9D on 240 is too long for me. You'll most likely need an 8.5E or 9E in C&J for most lasts.

If your Peal & Co boots fit on the roomier side in 9.5D you should probably go for an 8.5E. If they are on the tighter side you should probably go for the 9E.

drewvacavaliers

Reaction score
It may depend on which last the new boots will be on, but general consensus I think is to go one size down from your U.S. size to convert into UK.

For your reference, I have the shell captoe boots in U.S. 8.5D (240 last) and take the Conistons (325 last) in UK 7.5E, Skye (335 last) in UK 7.5E, and Harlechs (341 last) in UK 8E. The Skyes are snugger than the rest

I wear a half size down in C&J from Peal & Co. I normally wear a 9D US and an 8E UK, but in Peal & Co on the 240 last I wear an 8.5 D. They are a bit snug when new but the 9D on 240 is too long for me. You'll most likely need an 8.5E or 9E in C&J for most lasts.

If your Peal & Co boots fit on the roomier side in 9.5D you should probably go for an 8.5E. If they are on the tighter side you should probably go for the 9E.

thank you!

Nat Jag

Reaction score
I visited the factory store today. All the bench grade shoes I checked out were £200. I forgot to check the price of boots, mostly because I didn’t see by I wanted. Many hallams for sale.

I can’t remember who asked, I didn’t see any Bradford’s in 6 (or any size).

Picture ate from the 7-7.5 and 7.5 - 8 stands.

831C7993-A256-43E1-BE0E-CEF52EA90E78.jpeg

DCAD8D99-36A3-4F4D-AD1B-AA87827B1F77.jpeg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are those burgundy shell cordovan Skye 2 boots?! Which shop did you pick them up from? Do you recall if they had other sizes?

Hi Skelnik, I got these through the amazing sales associate Basil at the 69 Jermyn St store. I only inquired about my shoe size, so not sure what they have on hand. Best to put in an e-mail inquiry and see about your size.
c&[email protected]

Skelnik

Reaction score
Hi Skelnik, I got these through the amazing sales associate Basil at the 69 Jermyn St store. I only inquired about my shoe size, so not sure what they have on hand. Best to put in an e-mail inquiry and see about your size.
c&[email protected]

Thank you. I do appreciate the information. I took a stab and emailed the other Jermyn street shop earlier today at [email protected] but haven’t heard back. I just sent another email using your suggested contact.

I realize those were most likely a special order originally and chances are there aren’t any others, but am hoping I have a bit of luck. I’ve always wanted a pair of the Skye II in burgundy shell and have never seen them before. There wasn’t much interest in a GMTO so figured I’d have to do a single order order one day.

Congratulations on such a wonderful find! They are beautiful.

Skelnik

Reaction score
I visited the factory store today. All the bench grade shoes I checked out were £200. I forgot to check the price of boots, mostly because I didn’t see by I wanted. Many hallams for sale.

I can’t remember who asked, I didn’t see any Bradford’s in 6 (or any size).

Picture ate from the 7-7.5 and 7.5 - 8 stands.

View attachment 1104984

View attachment 1104985

Thank you for the information. That’s quite a bargain at that price.

You didn’t find anything you were interested in?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckrogers