• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quilted Jackets

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking of picking up this Barbour but not sure which color to go with (black or olive). What do ya'll think?

from your avatar I'd go sage as you seem to be a 'brighter' dresser; and I like all barbour's in sage :)

Zac Duncan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
sport1.jpg

Is that Boggi ?

This is good! Try Zara, there're some nice jackets

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not a jacket but light enough and warm enough to wear over a sweater, at least in the south..

p1030530.jpg

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Polarquilt version of the Chelsea.

I tried on the Powell which is a lined Chelsea I think, found it really boxy. Barbour needs to clean up their product lines because they are just a mess right now.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I agree, the fits is a bit boxy, the back is also generous.
I posted a pic of me wearing a chelsea some page back, I am between size M and L and I went with M and it's fits pretty well on me, but it's surely not suited for slim guys.

Last edited:

diglett

Reaction score
Had this delivered yesterday morning. Great fitting jacket. Love the corduroy finish and extra strap on the collar. The website image doesn't show this, but the jacket also has side pockets. That was a very pleasant surprise. As you can see, I added scarf/hat set [in merino wool] to my order. Very pleased with my purchase:

Looks good. I have it in Navy (but was debating Olive) and love it. Trim fit, and the pockets are quite nice, just like you said.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Perhaps it looks better unbuttoned, but I find that pocket design to be unflattering. It kind of makes the wearer look paunchier than he is.

Feel the same way about hacking pockets too. :hide:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Feel the same way about hacking pockets too. :hide:

I agree. I only have hacking pockets on casual SCs that I wear open with jeans. The "^" lines they seem to create draws out the hips and visually extends the waistline. I think you need to have an expertly cut jacket to pull them off well...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads