• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quality Hoodies

TransparentCranium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimaddict
Here are some classics, yo.
http://www.stevenalan.com/home.php?cat=634

black out of stock
frown.gif

Largo

Reaction score
As much as they get hyped, I have to say all in all my W+H is probably my 'best' hoodie-it's the terry one in a slim fit, which I like better than the 'regular' fleece Spruce hoodie I have. I also have a Rogan hoodie which is really nice, although probably a little more distressed (interesting dye job, slightly distressed cuffs/hem/hood) than most here would like. 2nd on Ever as an easier-to-get alternative, though. Construction isn't quite up to par with those other two, plus they fit too damn large, but I like them a lot more than AA. If you opt for the higher end ones, they have some lightweight and better constructed versions as well, plus they pop up on eBay all the damn time, since at retail they're the same as Wings and Horns, so why bother?

ss10guy3

Reaction score
Momotaro. A little on the slim side, but quality is amazing. I got mine from Context on a whim, and am quite pleased.

banjabear

Reaction score
The best hoodie I've ever owned in this one by V Room. Amazing fit and quality. Had to chuck it out because it was beat to death after years of wear. Unfortunately I can't find any stockists for love or money here in the UK.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it's not too SW&D, but my favorite (only) hoodie is this plain gray cashmere one by Cucinelli. styling is pretty nondescript but it's a perfect fit for me and the quality is amazing.
332499403_o.jpg

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite hoodies are either AA for standards, or as another poster mentioned, usually a skate/street brand of some sort. I like the skate brands because they add things like pockets inside for your stash/mp3 players, etc, and headphone holes, etc and seem to take abuse a bit better. But, as mentioned, they usually go overboard on graphics and the like. Join ............ They reguarly have decent hoodies for decent scratch (amongst a sea of hype-beastie stuff).

Gagno905

Reaction score
I've got a W+H slim fit black hoodie from F/W a few years back. Heavy and durable as they come, fits perfectly too. Couldn't be happier with it.

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Michael J. Krell's flannel lined hoody is one of my favorites as well as my RRL double faced thermal one.

but to echo the support for the skate brands before I joined SF this was my favorite, it was heavy, solid and had what felt like quality zippers. I haven't worn it in a while since it clashes with my more muted style. Made by The Hundreds.

dsc09871.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads