• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jimrude

Reaction score

We can certainty accommodate a classic fit. @dapperclassic has some good examples: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/proper-cloth-official-affiliate-thread.380371/post-11501239

We do not have an ability to adjust sleeve pitch currently.

The wider lapel is great.

@Seph I recently had my custom fitting via video, with my try-on kit. So, my measurements are saved on the PC site.

How would I go about asking PC to adjust these measurements to a more classic fit, a la dapperclassic?

Thanks!

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@Seph I recently had my custom fitting via video, with my try-on kit. So, my measurements are saved on the PC site.

How would I go about asking PC to adjust these measurements to a more classic fit, a la dapperclassic?

Thanks!
If you didn't mention it on the call, I'd email the person that helped you and tell them that you want a more classic fit - email them any photos that may be helpful too.

CoolM

Reaction score
Any chance that you will restocking the Reda Pine Melange Wool Flannel fabric? I really loved the color and its unique.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy VBC flannel DB suit just in
20231130_001431.jpg
IMG_8431 (1).jpg
IMG_8392.jpg
IMG_8389.jpg

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I’ve more or less settled on my PC fit for dress shirts. The only issue is that when I cross my arms, the shirt feels quite tight along the shoulders/upper back. The chest and shoulder width seem generous enough. Any recommendations? Should I just add a little more room to the chest?

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I’ve more or less settled on my PC fit for dress shirts. The only issue is that when I cross my arms, the shirt feels quite tight along the shoulders/upper back. The chest and shoulder width seem generous enough. Any recommendations? Should I just add a little more room to the chest?
Do you feel any pulling or tightness through the sleeves or only the back and shoulders? If it's the latter maybe consider adding back pleats.

vikke977

Reaction score
@Seph When adding a center box pleat to a shirt that has the chest around specified at, let’s say 47 inches (in the configurator obviously 23.5 chest WIDTH), will the shirt still, when it’s laid flat and with the box pleat spread out, measure 47″ around the chest/mid back?

In other words, is the 3″, that the box pleat is supposed to add, included in the 47″ chest measurement or will the shirt now measure 50″ (47+3) around the chest?

It gets a bit confusing when your measuring guide says that one should flatten all creases and especially all possible pleats before measuring the chest width. On the other hand the description for the center box pleat says that ”each side of the pleat adds 0.75” to the upper back of the shirt, for a total of 3″. It could either mean that is truly added or, alternatively, that it redistributes cloth to the back by taking it from the front panel and by doing this keeps the total around/width measurement the same.

Anyway, my reference OCBD, that I measured when ordering from you, measures 120 cm around the chest with the box pleat spread out. I put the chest width in the configurator at 60 cm (specifically 60,2 cm) and if I now end up getting a shirt that measures 127+ cm with the box pleat included, it will be too much.

I already reached out to your support but put this question here so that others can see it – and to get your professional take :D

Thanks!

never_behind

Reaction score
@Seph When adding a center box pleat to a shirt that has the chest around specified at, let’s say 47 inches (in the configurator obviously 23.5 chest WIDTH), will the shirt still, when it’s laid flat and with the box pleat spread out, measure 47″ around the chest/mid back?

In other words, is the 3″, that the box pleat is supposed to add, included in the 47″ chest measurement or will the shirt now measure 50″ (47+3) around the chest?

It gets a bit confusing when your measuring guide says that one should flatten all creases and especially all possible pleats before measuring the chest width. On the other hand the description for the center box pleat says that ”each side of the pleat adds 0.75” to the upper back of the shirt, for a total of 3″. It could either mean that is truly added or, alternatively, that it redistributes cloth to the back by taking it from the front panel and by doing this keeps the total around/width measurement the same.

Anyway, my reference OCBD, that I measured when ordering from you, measures 120 cm around the chest with the box pleat spread out. I put the chest width in the configurator at 60 cm (specifically 60,2 cm) and if I now end up getting a shirt that measures 127+ cm with the box pleat included, it will be too much.

I already reached out to your support but put this question here so that others can see it – and to get your professional take :D

Thanks!
I can just say on my PC shirts, when I measure the chest, it’s right around target measurement. I have never spread out the back pleats.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Seph Wanted to pop in and toss out the following wishes for '24:

1. a version of the President Cutaway with a larger collar band, more akin to the Roma Cutaway.
2. option for single link French* cuffs.

*fairly certain that's the term for double cuffs, buttttt you know what I mean.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, tried the MTM shirt with PC and would be open to recommendations on what can be changed to address the excess folds in the chest and sleeves. I am thinking the chest is due to sloped shoulder (my shoulders are sloped in general and right one drops further) or just general chest posture. This shirt already has lowered shoulder by 0.2". Sleeve folds are probably due to similar issues with chest and maybe too full, I am thinking to slim the sleeves a bit.

IMG-1428.jpg

IMG-1429.jpg
IMG-1430.jpg

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Gentlemen, tried the MTM shirt with PC and would be open to recommendations on what can be changed to address the excess folds in the chest and sleeves. I am thinking the chest is due to sloped shoulder (my shoulders are sloped in general and right one drops further) or just general chest posture. This shirt already has lowered shoulder by 0.2". Sleeve folds are probably due to similar issues with chest and maybe too full, I am thinking to slim the sleeves a bit.

View attachment 2097205

View attachment 2097207 View attachment 2097209
This is pretty good for a first fit!

never_behind

Reaction score
Does anyone know if PC still adds 0.5” to their midsection width? I thought that was gone with the new “pre-wash dimensions.” I keep shrinking my midsection width to get what I want but they still measure big. I’m shooting for 21.5”, so I ordered 21.2”. Pre-wash says should come 21.4”. I’ve washed it twice and the width is 21.875”. Even including 0.25” tolerance, that’s still almost 0.5” wider than it should be.

I’m debating if I don’t know how to measure a shirt at this point. The fit isn’t terrible; just want it a little trimmer in the waist. I guess I can make the next one 21” but I figure if I do that, they’ll hit specs and I won’t be able to button it.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2097205

View attachment 2097207 View attachment 2097209

Shoulders could be narrowed. Before any other adjustments wash the shirt first. There may be some shrinkage. After that, then make your adjustments. You're fairly close already.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads