• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post your photography skills! (self-gloss)

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's something from the concert at the Oak Glenn Winery this past weekend. This time around a local band named Head Rush was playing. It's great when you get a nice day, a decent band and a crowd with a bit of alcohol in them. Once the crowd figures out you're the photographer for the event it doesn't take long for everyone to start playin' poser. Nothin' but fun and a good time and the best part is I'm getting paid for this. The last concert for the year is this weekend. Gonna be a long wait for Spring to arrive for sure.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Football player is great, krp.

lieveheersbeestjeklimme.jpg

Kas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NOBD: interesting shot! I think the black and white works really well here, how does it look in colour?

Krp480: the football player is really good and I like the eyes shot as well. I'm not really feeling the other ones.

Crane's: shame you didn't get her other hand in the frame, but a cool shot nonetheless! I'm thinking you desaturarized it a little?

From more: more Divali! Yesterday was mostly a scouting exercise, so I knew where the good pics would be today:

Divali 4 by npmeijer, on Flickr

Divali 6 by npmeijer, on Flickr

And more in the set on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/npmeijer/sets/72157627992487292/detail/

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you ever post a close up of a spider, you're gonna have to give me fair warning.

trader

Reaction score

And... me! Had someone take this for me (although telling them how to properly take a picture was a pain **********...).

tell me about it! i usually shoot with manual focus primes so it's even harder... i always get back crappy pics

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Combination of some very misty/foggy/smoggy air and a very bright spotlight? Kinda like how the Bat-Signal must work. Cool effect.

Krp480

Reaction score
Trader- well that's why I would rather use a self timer and a tripod, its much easier :D!

I was hoping that this thread wasn't going to have too many posts in it since the recent ones have been really good... but when I saw there were none where has everyone been??!?! Oh well... here are a few from the past few days:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads