• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

positive b. nelson experiences

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This is the first pair I've had done without the closed channeled soles. So I'm not sure if white is the standard.

like the "new" white sugar for mojito or caipirinha. it does the same job, just looks different.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is the first pair I've had done without the closed channeled soles. So I'm not sure if white is the standard.

Iunno. Having had all of the shoes I have had and not specifically being able to remember the thread color I'm pretty sure none had white (except maybe Alden). Just looks odd to me.

Last edited:

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think the heels might be around $40.
I like these shoes and tend to wear them quite a bit so didn't see much point in going overboard as the soles will be worn out again in no time.

I have these same cj for Bb peal. So underrated.

Cj for peal is higher quality than cj branded shoes in my opinion.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Convinced my cousin to send in his MTO Vass that were beat up and used....came back better than new!!
B. Nelson, is simply awesome.

Regards.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nore, i been watching you!!!! Good to see you bastich!!!!! :slayer::slayer::slayer:

Regards.

nringo

Reaction score
I also had a great experience with B Nelson. Sent my CJ for peal in for a resole with the J Redenbach soles. Came back as good as new and I think these soles are going to last quite a long time. Highly recommend! Fast service too.

Last edited:

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't those shoes have a more convex shape just forward of the heel before having them resoled? Also, weren't the waists narrower? Also, weren't they channeled when new?

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure who you were asking Nore, but I don't think my pair changed much, if at all, following resole. I don't recall the waist being especially narrow beforehand either. The dimensions look the same to me but I didn't take measurements so could be wrong. I've worn the shoes twice now and they feel great.

Yes, the Peals were channeled when new but was not really concerned about that personally.

Regarding the white stitching - I just looked at a few pairs in my closet. The Aldens and C&J benchgrades both use white stitching.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't quite put my finger on it but these shoes that have neen resoled don't quite look how they did when new. The soles may be sturdy and whatnot but the look is off to me.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Would the old stitching lines of the former shape be evident in the leather if the shoe was being recrafted on a wider/less sleek last?

afaik, this is not possible. paging nick...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads