• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Yes, the first one is SARB033. It also comes with a white dial, as SARB035, but not without a date.

Random pic of a SARB035 on a strap:

Damn! I need to find out what strap that is. Need it for my 035.

Matte Alligator...or is it the colour you are after?

http://lonestarwatches.com/2021.htm

Stebbin

Reaction score
How do you like your Tiger? I've thought about snagging one as a beater watch. Which movement did you opt for?
It's not a bad watch and it's very solidly built but I'd say it's a few hairs short of a Seiko. The crystal is a domed mineral, it has a bi-directional non-clicking bezel that turns rather easily and the lume isn't as strong as the Seiko monsters.

I picked up the DG2813 movement as I liked the hacking feature and I think the price difference isn't worth the Miyota. The 3 nato straps that came with it are very comfortable and of excellent quality.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not a bad watch and it's very solidly built but I'd say it's a few hairs short of a Seiko. The crystal is a domed mineral, it has a bi-directional non-clicking bezel that turns rather easily and the lume isn't as strong as the Seiko monsters.

I picked up the DG2813 movement as I liked the hacking feature and I think the price difference isn't worth the Miyota. The 3 nato straps that came with it are very comfortable and of excellent quality.
Three hairs short of Seiko? That's somewhat surprising...

Stebbin

Reaction score

Which Seiko line...? How are they compared to the SARB/SARX/SARG lines?

I'm more familiar with the SRP/SKX divers lines and the Seiko wins out with the build quality but at over twice the price. The 7s26/36 and 4R36 movements have a longer power reserve than the DG2813 and the rotor isn't as loud. The Tiger is perfectly acceptable at the sub 120 price range though and rather unique in terms of look.

Last edited:

MarmiteToast

Reaction score
What do you guys think of these watches? I know it's just a cheap quartz daniel wellington look-a-like but I like simple clean look, and can't justify paying £150 for practically the same thing but with a logo I don't even like anyway on it. I know it's a bit too poor for you guys but I am only just getting into watches so feel like this is a small step into the wild world? :p They're from thelibertyexperiment.co.uk, does anyone have any experience with them? seems half legit.

Many thanks

ajc2162

Reaction score
I think it looks rather nice too. I haven’t come across this brand before, but if you really like something and it ticks all your boxes, then why does it matter if it’s “cheap”. That makes it even better surely – you’ve just got something really nice for a lot less than £150 . It looks smart enough in your photo to benefit from a leather band and use a dress watch

Love your avatar by the way – I’m assuming you’re in the UK if you know marmite. In Australia, you have to get used to our national dish, vegemite. Can’t abide the stuff personally – makes good axle grease so far as I’m concerned.

Marmite is also available here – in fact there was a time in the 1920s when the English beef extract Marmite was outselling the Australian yeast extract Vegemite (produced by the Fred Walker company), so they changed the name from Vegemite and registered it as ''Parwill''. The slogan: ''If Marmite, Parwill!''
Needless, to say the public groaned. The change was unsuccessful and in the 1930s Vegemite was reinstated. The Fred Walker company became Kraft Walker Cheese Company in 1926 and Kraft Foods Ltd in 1950.

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a good automatic GMT beater? I'm looking to buy two GMT watches to be my companions in the globetrotting few years to come. One will most likely be a Rolex. The other will need to be more suited for exploring more... developing.. countries. My question for this thread: what's your favorite "poor man's" Automatic GMT with a bi-directional rotating bezel.

This Orient might do the trick.

Thoughts? Pics?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads