• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think this is very nice (would put it on a leather strap):

Or for something sportier:

Or if I was looking for a diver:

I've never handled these myself, so the impression can be a different one, but these all look bland to me. Nothing really wrong with them, absolutely not; but nothing really right, too.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't decide between a seiko or an orient diver....ARGHHH. Both sides seem to passionately love their wartches...

Orange monster. (or the black if you want to be boring)

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think this is very nice (would put it on a leather strap):

Or for something sportier:

Or if I was looking for a diver:

I own the first one and it's awesome. My first automatic and no regrets.

I've never handled these myself, so the impression can be a different one, but these all look bland to me. Nothing really wrong with them, absolutely not; but nothing really right, too.

Like I had mentioned previously... classic. Could you give an example of what you like, or something that's more lively?

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Archimede bronze pilot. Just throwing something different out there.

Last edited:

flvinny521

Reaction score
Is that first one an SARB033? I would love that exact watch with a white face and perhaps no date window, any suggestions?

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Yes, the first one is SARB033. It also comes with a white dial, as SARB035, but not without a date.

Random pic of a SARB035 on a strap:

But bland is good ;-)

IME it's surprisingly hard to find these kinds of simple, well executed, classic designs in watches these days.

It's not my cup of tea, but maybe the SARB065 'Cocktail Time' is more up your alley?

You have excellent taste! I own both of these and they make up the bulk of my rotation. Can't say enough good things about them.

Thank you. And it's good to hear they're working out for you, Mr Largo.

Btw, seiyajapan.com seems to be down for maintenance the next couple of days...

Last edited:

flvinny521

Reaction score
^ Yes, the first one is SARB033. It also comes with a white dial, as SARB035, but not without a date.

I just found that one on Amazon. I'm looking for something to put on a black strap as an affordable dress watch to compliment my Tissot Visodate on brown leather. This might be the one.

JanC

Reaction score

Random pic of a SARB035 on a strap:

Damn! I need to find out what strap that is. Need it for my 035.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sona Umar