• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LIMatt

Reaction score

Poor man's Speedy (Casio EF-503).

AlexJ1100

Reaction score
Nothing crazy but I kind of prefer the simplistic look. Picked this up off the bay a while back, didn't have a strap so picked up the Repp #1 to match. I'm waiting to hear back from BB as far as narrowing model a model/age, reading a description for one of their current models make me think this could be a "1912" watch, but we'll see.

This fluorescent office lighting gives it a bit of a blue hue.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anybody here recommend a decent price watch too kit? I just got my SARB035 and I need to remove some links and I'm probably going to pick up some different straps. Wondering if its better to get a Kit or just the tools needed to remove links / watch strap.

Cheers

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Okay - not entirely sure where this one belongs. Probably straddles the line on cost, but more in keeping here than on the Rolex / Patek AP parade. Back in the day, the Daniel JeanRichard line provided some cool designs using generic movements at very attractive prices - at least used, or on the grey market. I owned a few and was very happy with them. Then, more recently, they dropped the "Daniel" from the brand name, introduced some in-house movements and attempted to move quite abruptly upscale. Not sure that worked out so well, as there are vastly more compelling alternatives in the $8-9k range. In any event, their offerings of late have included some attractive models, housing Sellita movements at more realistic price points. The Terrascope line retails somewhat optimisically in the $3k range, but are available brand new on the grey market for $1 to $1.3K, and used, south of $1k. Which is were I stumbled across this piece and grabbed it. Definitely an outlier for me in many respects - size (44mm - I rarely go over 42 and prefer 40 and under) aesthetics (contrasting bezels are not really my thing, but I love the brushed DLC here) and materials (I don't generally do rubber straps) - but sometime outliers have a strong appeal. I've been pretty tickled with it as another funky-cool casual piece that doesn't remotely replicate anything in my existing rotation. The case and dial work is very, VERY good - and this is a factor which carries more weight with me than "history" or brand recognition. And at around $1k, all I need from a movement is reliability and accuracy - polish and pedigree realistically have to take a back seat. And hey, you can spend waaaaay more coin for a watch with the same movement from brands with more snob appeal. It has certainly been accurate thus far (+3 to 4 sec / day), and given that this is a clone of ETA's excellent and proven 2892, I expect it will reliable going forward. As with most Panerai, the secret to making such a large watch comfortably wearable is the cushion shaped case and short lugs. Thus one actually wears smaller than, say, a 42mm Longines Legend Diver. There is noticeable mass to the piece, but it sits comfortably on my 7 1/2" or so wrist. Now pics.
orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg
I know this is from a few months ago, but how are you enjoying this watch? I only have dress watches right now and wanted a regular casual watch that will be one of my main wearers. It's currently aroubd $690-800 for several terrascopes on black Friday sales from Ashford. It seems like a great deal under $700 for the one I like.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this is from a few months ago, but how are you enjoying this watch? I only have dress watches right now and wanted a regular casual watch that will be one of my main wearers. It's currently aroubd $690-800 for several terrascopes on black Friday sales from Ashford. It seems like a great deal under $700 for the one I like.

I'm loving it. Ridiculous how many compliments this thing has garnered. Heck of a value at that price.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you @RogerP for introducing me to more temptations. I innocently looked at this thread this morning and found myself searching the internet for a deal. Searched Amazon then found this watch on eBay for $995, almost pulled the trigger but noticed a link to Ashford, surprise price. Had to do it. I actually need something in brown for the collection. I found your model but nothing cheaper than $1600.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331718952109?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

http://www.ashford.com/us/watches/jeanrichard/60500-11-B01-HDP0.pid?nid=cpg

flvinny521

Reaction score
Quote:
I really loved this watch the first time I saw it as well. Can you link the exact model you own? I'm having a hard time finding your color combination.

Edit: Browsing the Jeanrichard site now and wow, there's a stupid amount of variations of this watch.

Last edited:

flvinny521

Reaction score
Thanks, it definitely looks better in person (or at least, real life photos).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads