• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@Kai: band looks really, really nice. I'm a bit torn on Seiko in general though - great movements and quality, but the designs... Don't get me wrong, I have a Seiko 5 that I have worn more than any other watch in my life but somehow the dial designs are always a bit off. Leagues behind the quality of the hardware at least.

I hear you on the complaint of the designs. There are some Seiko lines that I really love (Alpinist, Sumo, Tuna, MarineMaster, 007) but the hideous designs are basically too numerous to mention. Just go look at 90% of what is offered on the Macy's website. :fu:

FWIW though, I think some of the Grand Seiko watches are some of the most beautiful, understated watches out there. I think the problem with Seiko is that they try to be all things to all people and have licensed their name out for a bunch of crap in the process. You can get a watch for serious diving or an elegant night at dinner and the theatre both from the same brand that I would buy a $10 Hello Kitty watch from for my 3-year-old.

ErikW

Reaction score

Another new pick up, a Rodina. On black and gray nato strap.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hm. The Nassau also seems unbalanced to my eye, indexes and hands too fragile. Of the new Rolex models, I quite like the Explorer II. But if I wanted to buy a diver right now, I'd seriously consider the Tudor Black Bay.

I have a MKII Kingston and love it. Aesthetically I really like the overall look of the Kingston. I believe the hands on the Nassau are a little thinner. Regardless I am much more interested in the upcoming non-date 3-6-9 Nassau.

As for the Black Bay I was a huge fan but once you see that the round hour markers do not belong with the snowflake hands then you cannot get past it.

The Pelegos is in my top 3 list. If it was stainless steel it would top my list.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tudor make superb watches. But those are to be discussed in another thread, not the Poor Man's Watch thread.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my Timex.

It is the perfect watch for me and I need never own another.

Goodluck on your watch hunting guys!
biggrin.gif

Cubits

Reaction score
Had my place broken into last week, and all the guy stole was an empty backpack and a cheap dress watch.

So now i have an excuse, and my riki watanabe is now on the way from chino watches. It'll be my first auto, and the design deeply appeals to the industrial design graduate in me (which is why i chose it over the obvious SARB031 recommendation).

:>

stonedx

Reaction score
poor man,

parnis (chinese make)

I know the strap is abit small, just playing around with it.

and casion submariner

I have both the strap changed for the weekend. :slayer:

Chuckie Egg

Reaction score
Just got my watch back from servicing after 6 weeks, yay! I've had it since childhood and it's my daily wear so am very fond of it.

Keeping to -1 sec daily, so well within its OCC spec, but am hoping it will settle better
smile.gif

(Yes, the date is wrong but it was the 24th when I took the picture)

Last edited:

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Looks nice. What is it and do you have a better pic of the dial? Is it white or silver?

mikeman

Reaction score
I already asked in a another thread, but, I'm looking to pick up either a Seiko SKX007 or 009. I just cant decide. regardless of the color, I plan on putting a brown leather band on it. Now, I never wear black clothing. Black or Pepsi?

kentyman

Reaction score
Not trying to be sarcastic here, but:

Get whichever you like more. Just pull the trigger on one. Whichever you pick was the right one. If it's really that close, then one could argue it doesn't matter which you end up with 'cause it's a tie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads