• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mikeman

Reaction score
I know. I like them both, but just feel like the pepsi might look cheesy or might get sick of it.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I know. I like them both, but just feel like the pepsi might look cheesy or might get sick of it.

I generally like the multi-colored bezel on other watches, but for some reason, I just don't care for it on the SKX. I think maybe if the face of the watch were white, silver, or something other than the dark, flat blue that it is, it would look a bit better. However, I've never seen it in person so who knows...

That being said, I have an SKX007 and before I recently got a Sinn it was my go-to watch everyday and would go with just about everything.

Last edited:

Chuckie Egg

Reaction score

^ Looks nice. What is it and do you have a better pic of the dial? Is it white or silver?

Thanks, it's only a cheapo watch by an unpopular brand. It's a Universal. The dial is white... eggshell white :)

Chuckie Egg

Reaction score
Going instead today for the ubiquitous sporty-fashion watch look... :embar:

I generally prefer white dials for dressy-fashion watches, and black dials for sporty-fashion watches. I also generally dislike flat glass but oftentimes you have to expect that with cheaper watches.

Last edited:

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Mate, that's not a Poor Man's Watch. Pictures, and discussions of, Rolexes and the like belong in another thread.

Chuckie Egg

Reaction score
@TheWraith... Apologies, it was just a follow on to contrast with my previous watch - white/black, dressy/sporty, dome glass/flat glass...

Anyway, without reading every page I've noted Omega, TagHeuer, Longines, Tudor in this thread already. Besides, they are discussing Patek, Vacheron and Audemars in the other thread! :eek:

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ No worries.

I know expensive watches have, at times, been talked about here. But there's another thread for those watches. This isn't that thread.

Halifax

Reaction score
If one was in the market for a dress watch, white dial face with Roman numerals, minimal sub-dials and embellishment, YG case/lugs and black leather band for around $1k, where would one start looking? I'm having trouble finding exactly what I'm looking for.

I have found some automatics that are close but even as seconds, these are a little too pricey for me:

IWC Portofino 3513 18K Yellow Gold automatic, roman numbers white dial, mint

Cheers

marsy101

Reaction score
My late father bought me this watch when I was 15 years old for about 150 pounds. It came with mixed rubber diving straps in some pretty interesting colours! As my tastes changed I've opted for a classic brown strap with a butterfly clasp. I have a thing (bordering on obsessive) for matching brown with tones (not tonnes!) of gold, which I think probably comes from a love of this watch.

Manufacturer : Stendardo (Italian brand no longer in business)
Model : Immersion Line II
Movement : Japan MOVT-WR 5 ATM

I've been wearing it daily for 15 years and although I'm looking at getting a vintage Speedmaster, this watch will always take priority.

marsy101

Reaction score
Big fan of this Swatch Irony. This is what prompted my hunt for a vintage Speedmaster.

Bought this in Singapore, 2005 as a beater whilst travelling - 60 USD

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, it's only a cheapo watch by an unpopular brand. It's a Universal. The dial is white... eggshell white :)

Thanks. I much prefer (the right shade of) white over silver for light watch dials.

Chuckie Egg

Reaction score

Thanks. I much prefer (the right shade of) white over silver for light watch dials.

Me too. I have another watch with sunburst silver dial, but I prefer white too. This one has a nice off-white shade. The gold hands & markers & blued steel seconds hand make it very legible against the eggshell white, even in dim lighting. The facets help to catch the light too. It's quite a subtle watch but it doesn't impress people as it looks so ostensibly cheap and unremarkable. But I like it :)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads