• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

POLL - Do you like the look of this page ?

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of it will be playing around with the options. I just went into mine and set the forum to full width, which makes things better.

Namor - There is a lot going on, and I don't doubt we'll get used to it. SF is very much a sandbox sort of site. The redesign seems to be adding more toys to play with, but in the end we still have our sand.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

...do you like this look?

not much

navigation in pm seems easier. transfer didn't work. deleted msgs are up again and current(not too important) are gone, though

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

it makes me scroll too much. I original layout had everything pulled up neatly on my 13 inch mac book pro. The new site reminds me of a bad sequel in a movie with too much added special effects that are unnecessary . It ruins the concept of the film to begin with. I thought a few extra features were being added, not the entire site was going to be revamped.

+1

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One thing I noticed: the current design leads the viewer eyes to the "regular" threads first. This may lead to less views on the pinned threads.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd almost rather that junk was between posts than on the side. My monitor at work isn't widescreen, so the OP (most important post) of every thread is squeezed into a pencil thin area. An option to scale down the size of the whole avatar area might be a decent compromise.

In the spirit of it not being a total gripe fest up in here, the new multi-quote option is pretty nice, and the option to go to your last post is a godsend.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some of it will be playing around with the options. I just went into mine and set the forum to full width, which makes things better.

Namor - There is a lot going on, and I don't doubt we'll get used to it. SF is very much a sandbox sort of site. The redesign seems to be adding more toys to play with, but in the end we still have our sand.

The ability to change the number of posts per page to 100 is a welcome change, in my opinion. Of course, I haven't tried it on the Droid, yet so I may be cutting that number back but what a joy to not have to constantly click through page after page.

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The forum build, setup, and renovation is actually pretty good. You have to admit that the old one was just to old to carry on. The only thing i dont like are the colours. It's to bright. And i would advice to change the 'pinned' section where it should be. It's now above the threads instead inside. It makes it looking chaotic.

tricota

Reaction score
Apart from what looks like a rather pointless new frontpage - which I feel sure I will sone change bookmark and ignore - it is not really that different, is it? The reply thingy I see now is new and easier, but apart from that, all the old buttons seem to be there. On the face of it, only two things anoy me;

1. The old cookies have gone, meaning we have to retrace how far we have gotten in som of the longer threads.

Something which is made even more difficult by;

2. The little icon next to the timestamp, which indicated if a messege was new or old to you, is gone... Please tell me that is just a glitch and that it will come back? I for one, will be completely lost without it. Especially if Styleforum still insists on - in certain thread - refuse to take me to the newest messege, but rather to a messege posted weeks ago...

rjsphd

Reaction score
Piling on. The size of the new font is straining my eyes. Please get rid of the ads on the side and fill the side space with the posts.

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can't get rid of the advertisments. Without, this forum couldn't run in the form it's been now.

Last edited:

oldSFer

Reaction score
I like most of the changes.

But I can no longer seem to find the search via Google function.

Also, links to old SF threads that Google have archived are no longer working. EDIT: THIS IS NOW FIXED.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads