• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
7161938353_98f4beb348_z.jpg

Lately, I've been enjoying white silk squares in a puff fold. Not as eye-catching as a colored square, but more interesting than a white linen in a TV fold.

Kent Wang wool/mohair suit
Kent Wang linen/cotton shirt
Kent Wang white silk pocket square
Kent Wang suede chukka boots

Monaco

Reaction score
I remember seeing in this thread a pic of a tan jacket with pink tie and green pocket square, all beautifully arranged. It might've been one of PSG's 'moved or deleted' pics. Anybody know where I can find this picture? Anybody have it saved?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't get why a lot of companies print squares with a very wide border like this. If you were to wear it as a reverse puff then it would just look like a plain solid-colored square.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have suggestions for european brands that make multi-colored pocket squares for less than €50?

Rubinacci, Luciano Barbera, etc. are great and maybe I can afford a few of them over the months, but no more...
frown.gif

Thanks!

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to be clear, when you say reverse puff, you mean turning the PS inside out? If so that's what I did with my navy chinese brocade PS. It looked great.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I mean a puff, with the points out, or any other fold that shows the points, for that matter.

newyorknoir

Reaction score
can you wear a print pocket square with a business suit and still be taken seriously? I usually just wear a silk Charvet pocket square with a basic/conservative straight fold.. white of course. Recently I came across this Dunhill pocket square that I'm very fond of, but worried that it's too "fun" to wear to the office. Can a city businessman pull this look off with the right ensemble, or is it reserved for a country gentleman? Here is the pocket square:

The only other question I have is for your opinion as to which color you like better.. I have both navy and grey suits, a wide and versatile selection of ties and shirts. Thanks!

Athomas

Reaction score
Couldn't get an answer in the "Ask A Question, Get An Answer" thread, so figured I'd post my question here.

Does anyone know where can I stock up on some decent-quality, solid-colored pocket squares with somewhat thick colored borders in a variety of colors? I've checked Kent Wang's site and the ones I want I already have. No go on Paul Smith, Barney's, ASW, etc. Just picked up a Drake's from Mr. Porter. Besides that, and Simmonot Godard, not sure where else to look. Are there no go-to spots for nice squares? Do I have to luck out on the "nicer" ones as usual?

Also, does a thinner border equate to a higher level of formality, and thicker the opposite? Or does it not matter? Maybe it's just me, but the PS the guy is wearing below seems perfect for a sportsjacket (which is also the style I'm looking for), but I feel would be a bit "much" for a suit. What do you guys say?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

can you wear a print pocket square with a business suit and still be taken seriously? I usually just wear a silk Charvet pocket square with a basic/conservative straight fold.. white of course. Recently I came across this Dunhill pocket square that I'm very fond of, but worried that it's too "fun" to wear to the office. Can a city businessman pull this look off with the right ensemble, or is it reserved for a country gentleman?

I think if you're unsure, you may have answered your question already. Those look relatively conservative, but only you can know if they are unacceptably adventurous for your context.

poissa

Reaction score
Sorry about this I'm sure this question has been answered and will soon again be asked... who is selling handmade pocket squares? I wanted to support the SF community!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads