• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please Delete

Mariooo

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

1.) yes it looks ok
2.) a darker color would be a better choice
3.) simple put: rather the color of the shirt than the tie

4.) 3 solids are a bit.. well.. boring. some pattern/texture on the tie would be nice.
5.) the shirt color is fine
6.) a full body pic including shoes makes it much easier to comment
7.) jacket looks quite good, sleevelength should be a tiny bit shorter, and some other fine tuning things, but that's SF nitpicking ;)

8.) Have fun here and on your prom :nodding::cheers:

edit: oh well, seems I'm the only one answering in THIS thread :lol:

Last edited:

Snedley

Reaction score
I have my year 11 prom (I live in the UK, I'm 16) in a few weeks and just want to check to be sure my suit is ok! I'm somewhat unsure of the tie colour but I quite like the shirt, as does my girlfriend so I'm inclined to keep that. also, on the lines of pocket squares... I sort of want to wear one but am unsure of how they work, I'm fairly new to the whole suit scene! I'd imagine something that was just off the colour of the tie would work well, or should it match exactly?

Just so it's clear what I'm asking:

• Does this look OK?
  • Would there be a better tie colour to go for?
  • How do you match a pocket square to your other items of clothing?

It's excellent. You look just like Don Draper. Actually the outfit is fine the way it is.You don't need a pocket square or anyting else and the tie is fine.

Now Don, who are you going with? Her?

http://tinyurl.com/chanw2e

Or her?

http://tinyurl.com/7r4kl5q

newyorknoir

Reaction score
Yes.. girls in high school aren't going to be expecting you to wear a $4,000 outfit.. You look good, kid.

Last edited:

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
hmmm, switch the shirt to white, throw in some french cuffs and links
tie makes you look 16, so a little cheesy there.
square wouldn't hurt - maybe a fun color solid silk with a little puff

Snedley

Reaction score
hmmm, switch the shirt to white, throw in some french cuffs and links
tie makes you look 16, so a little cheesy there.
square wouldn't hurt - maybe a fun color solid silk with a little puff
Sure, wear a red or silver tie and look like Donald Trump
lol8[1].gif

facet

Reaction score
It looks fine. I would personally go with a different colour tie; but I'm having trouble determining the colour of the suit and shirt on my monitor so can't really give you a recommend, although I would agree with Master-Classter that a white shirt would look nicer.

JonasAberg

Reaction score
I will echo previous posters' statements saying it looks fine.
Personally I'd go with a white shirt and simple, square-folded white pocket square for a more crisp, "grown-up" look but that's just me.

hermes man

Reaction score
you are only 16

imo this styling would suit a 16 years old more

singer_justin_bieber_grey_jack.jpg

nothing over the top

rolled sleeves for more air , so u wont get so sweaty in the prom

a turquoise jeans , its in fashion now .. it give contra with your black top underneath your jacket

Verniza

Reaction score
I would ditch the tie, swap the shirt for a white shirt and unbutton the 1st 2 buttons.

That tie is just not working with the ensemble. The shirt color doesn't have enough contrast with the suit and comes across as dull.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

• Does this look OK?
  • Would there be a better tie colour to go for?
  • How do you match a pocket square to your other items of clothing?

- if you can afford a tailor, have the waist of that jacket taken in and sleeves shortened, and I can't see your trousers but make sure the length is proper.
- yes, ditch the tie.. that looks awful, like what a used car salesman would wear
- just get a white linen pocket square... hell if you're on a tight budget (like most kids your age) just borrow a white handkerchief from your dad or something
- and don't listen to that crappy advise from the that justin bieber post above, and have fun and hope you get serious tail, kid.

Last edited:

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

- if you can afford a tailor, have the waist of that jacket taken in and sleeves shortened, and I can't see your trousers but make sure the length is proper.
- yes, ditch the tie.. that looks awful, like what a used car salesman would wear
- just get a white linen pocket square... hell if you're on a tight budget (like most kids your age) just borrow a white handkerchief from your dad or something
- and don't listen to that crappy advise from the that justin bieber post above, and have fun and hope you get serious tail, kid.

The Biebs doesn't looks bad in the above picture. That said, he's not dressed for prom either.

Everything fits fine. Spend the money that you'd have spent on the tailor for some quality dro or a 750 of spiced rum for afterward.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads