• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please critique my first Thick As Thieves suit

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too tight but the hair looks awesome.
inlove.gif

weilian

Reaction score
Thats the same suit as on the first page? Got some weird issues with the arm and shoulder... The suit does not look comfortable to be in.

IBJanky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Too tight but the hair looks awesome.
inlove.gif

I prefer my stuff on the snug side.

Originally Posted by weilian
Thats the same suit as on the first page? Got some weird issues with the arm and shoulder... The suit does not look comfortable to be in.

Suits feels fine
lookaround.gif

myke

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jacket is still way off. The right move would have been to cut a new jacket rather than have 2 tailors (who I presume are not suit makers) try to fix it. The pants look good from the front, but are too tight in the back. I know you like slim suits, but suit pants should not be like tights. But the hair looks good.

Have you tried RL black label? That may be your cut based on your preferences.

vincerich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IBJanky
THREAD REVIVAL UPDATE:

I know it has been a while since I started this thread, so please bear with me.

Jason's tailor did some alterations to the suit back in October of last year, but I wasn't really too happy with it. So the suit hung in my closet until last week. Grew some hair on my head to in the process
wink.gif

I took it to my personal tailor to get it more to my taste. This is what it looks like now:

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

It fits a lot slimmer now (I prefer slim fitting suits), and actually has shape to it.

A big improvement from the original garment (see page 1 of this thread to see the original fit).

I'm a LOT happier with it now
smile.gif

What do y'all think?

myke

That's MUCH better. The shoulders are a little wide, but it still fits better than most suits that I see men wearing.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Myke, I think it looks about 95.5% there. Maybe too "edgy" for me but it really looks good on you. I would increase the circumference around the second button by another 2-3 cm for a better drape, allowing more fabric to hug the buttocks. I don't think I'd mess with the other measurements. You look better with long hair though.
smile.gif

uvmboi13

Reaction score
Dude the old hair worked so well. Why the change haha

IBJanky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Is it just me, or is the color changing on this suit in every picture...?

Must be the flash playing tricks on your eyes
smile.gif

Originally Posted by uvmboi13
Dude the old hair worked so well. Why the change haha

All the hair was getting uncomfortable underneath my motorcycle helmet at work
laugh.gif

myke

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them