• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures of nice gloves...?

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that website is down
puzzled.gif
That's weird it worked yesterday.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Have all 3*, imo:

Quality
1. Dents
2. Merola
3. Madova

Value
1. Madova
2. Dents
3. Merola

*Straight capeskin leather, their peccary offerings may differ. Chester Jefferies is a good source as well.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This is awesome. Thank you.
Have all 3*, imo:

Quality
1. Dents
2. Merola
3. Madova

Value
1. Madova
2. Dents
3. Merola

*Straight capeskin leather, their peccary offerings may differ. Chester Jefferies is a good source as well.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have all 3*, imo:

Quality
1. Dents
2. Merola
3. Madova

Value
1. Madova
2. Dents
3. Merola

Thanks. I'm mostly looking for unlined, non-peccary ones. With back of the hand stitching, so Dents' Skyfall ones won't do.

Something like the ones below, I got in Naples some 3 years ago:

As9gc.jpg

but in darker brown and black.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you can buy peccary gloves here:
http://paularun.gostorego.com/

Yes, all PR gloves are hand-stitched and cut. Lined gloves have lovely, soft alpaca wool. The workmanship is there, but delivery times may drag. Skins are chrome-tanned, I'm not sure if any tannery does peccary hides with vegetables.

I just ordered two custom pairs from her--one in dark tan with burnt orange liner and one in black with purple liner. When measuring my hands I noticed that my right is .25" wider than my left so since these will be custom made they should fit... wait for it... like a glove. Sent her two traces of my hands too.

I will update when I receive them and give my feedback.

bigfish22

Reaction score

I've actually just got my first pair of Dent's...MUCh better than my RLPL leather/cashmere ones.
All I can say is..the leather is easily good enough to eat..I mean buttery soft cannot describe the suppleness and feel of them. YUM!
The finishing is excellent...wish I had ordered a half size larger though..
photo19.jpg

photo29.jpg

Could I please ask which exact model is this pair of gloves? Thanks!

fkl118

Reaction score

Okay, thanks. $100 don't sound that bad since everyone was sharing $300-$400 gloves on peccary gloves? First time really I hear of this, might give it a try. So Paula Run has good quality and everything?

A bunch of us bought from them a couple years ago and we were pleased with the gloves. They were known by a different name then and the gloves were $50 a pair!

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bunch of us bought from them a couple years ago and we were pleased with the gloves. They were known by a different name then and the gloves were $50 a pair!
Well you know this year everything is overprice, overrated. We just have to live with the ****
mad.gif

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paula Run used to be called "illari" when they were still sold on eBay.

I've had mine through 2 winter seasons.
they are like new, surprised how well they held up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads