• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures from a few days in Naples (Updated... Solito, Formosa, Rubinacci).

C&A

Reaction score
The old guy in the picture you've attached Sarto is not wearing Rubinacci. It's an older add for either Partenopea or La Vera.

Last edited:

koolbear

Reaction score
I have never considered it a good tailoring house based on the facts than i have never seen a good or even mediocre fit from them( well it was when Vincenzo Attolini was there, the same who teached my grandmaster who became master there several decades ago and quited tired of Mariano, who has any clue about dressing or what a proper fit is, that is why any good mastertailor wants to work there by any reason unless they got to pay bills). That is the true even some fanatics of the brand will insult me as have done in the past etc for saying what anyone knows about in Naples or inside the industry.

Also, on the contrary to the popular believing that they do light deconstructed garments, the ones i have inspectioned personally are too heavy and " overarmoured" for what i consider a light deconstructed jacket and compared to other tailors around.

Sure.
thumbs-up.gif

fox81

Reaction score

I was surprised at the end of our first day here. ย Every Italian I have spoken to in Australia warned me not to come to Naples, because of how dangerous it is. ย I felt fairly safe in the main areas. ย I didn't venture out after 20:30PM however. ย My wife also felt at ease 95% of the time.

those same Australian/Italians that haven't been back for 40 years and still think nothing has changed.

and because I cant be bothered quoting from later posts, Melbourne needs more check and gunclub, so by all means get that fabric made up.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The old guy in the picture you've attached Sarto is not wearing Rubinacci. It's an older add for either Partenopea or La Vera.

Me;

Thanks, I am yet learning to upload pics after one year failing
fing02[1].gif
, it seems i clicked on the wrong pic, i updated it.

Last edited:

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didnยดt know it. I will go asap to try it.

I am fan of De Matteo, that I like far more than the tourist well know Da Michelle as i lived close to both for some months.

Enjoy, from a Chiaia's random place.

Edit, I always got fail pics. You can click on it or if any moderator can help me uploading it, thank you.

Bufalina, with bufala cheese and real tomatoes;

dfyuea.jpg

And;

2w3pzl3.jpg

I hope this pics are shown now;

Victor Elfo

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by a "cupped" skirt. Do you mean the shape of the quarters?

Not exactly. I mean the quarters' bottom half shape (which is usually called as skirt). A cupped skirt will have a shape that contours your hips, something like this: ( ). This will enhance the top half and will create a seamless transition between the coat and the trousers.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You believe it's really different even though the old workers are still there? How so? Supposedly Formosa senior was most famous for his DB.

formosa senior was
the cutter
the coats he made
is quite different
from now
and he was famous
not only for his db

koolbear

Reaction score

formosa senior was
the cutter
the coats he made
is quite different
from now
and he was famous
not only for his db

I am sure you are right, but in what way are they different? Mr. Capelli's coat looked like a Formosa to my untrained eye, so I assume there must be some shared DNA.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

koolbear

Reaction score
Not exactly. I mean the quarters' bottom half shape (which is usually called as skirt). A cupped skirt will have a shape that contours your hips, something like this: ( ). This will enhance the top half and will create a seamless transition between the coat and the trousers.

Yeah OK, I get what you mean. Never thought about it that way.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't say anything of the senior Formosa but I have noticed some stylistic differences between Formosa (ie Dionisio) vs NSM. For example Dionisio prefers 4 vest pockets vs Mina preferring 2.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads