• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pick a new phone for me, my Moto Q is dead

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
lol the same arguments could be made for cheap clothing vs. expensive clothing. It's all preference, I guess.
actually the same arguments are regularly made here for cheap clothing, with an assumption of quality underpinning it. It's why Allen Edmonds gets more love than Gucci.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
actually the same arguments are regularly made here for cheap clothing, with an assumption of quality underpinning it. It's why Allen Edmonds gets more love than Gucci.

I'm talking cheap clothes: <100$ suit vs. a Brioni or Kiton OTR suit.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
and I'm talking the thrift store thread with second hand Oxxford vs Armani
smile.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
Cheap Nokias FTW
The cheaper Nokias are probably the best values on the market. The don't do **** besides the basics but the do the basics extremely well. This furthers my iPhone insurance argument as well. Loose the iPhone, you're out the $500 to replace it.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
3. play snake

This brings back sweet childhood memories.
inlove.gif

Back to topic, choosing the right smartphone can a personal decision. I played around with a friend's Nokia E71x the other day and hated it, too reminiscent of Windows 3.1 and earlier Mac OS for my taste. I love my BB, but if the HTC Hero (Android 2) that is coming out soon looks great, superslick GUI and all:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
all the android phones seem so gimmicky and overblown to me. too many phones are exchanging a flashy ui for simplicity - I don't need to have the album covers of the CD's I'm listening to dance a jig, and I don't need to see pictures by every single person in my contact list....

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The GUI on the G1 is about as straightforward as it gets; I'm sure the Hero will allow you to switch between the options.

I prefer the web browsing experience on the G1 to iPhone as well.

Kempt

Reaction score
If you're seriously considering the Pre and tethering is important it's worth noting that it isn't supported yet, but is capable.

flashback

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
why laughing? lol. N97 is a sick phone.

no. It COULD have been... but its not. Trust me, I'm like the biggest Nokia fanboy around. I carry a N95 around even though I never use it (tied to my blackberry).

anyway, I wanted to love the N97 but the way the screen is angled makes it almost unusable. Really, its that bad. I picked it up and instantly knew that it could never work, and like I said I WANTED to like it. It had all the makings of a great phone, but that screen angle is a serious issue. You have to tilt the keyboard up at a very awkward angle to make it viewable and it just ruins the entire experience. Hopefully they can fix that issue and then maybe it will be alright, but as of now its a big letdown.

flashback

Reaction score
I'm a phone freak, and considering you're on Verizon and probably not interested in changing services, my honest recommendation to you would be the BlackBerry Tour. It is a really, really excellent machine in almost every way. It will do everything you want and then some. I guarantee you'll be floored by it and the experience, probably wonder how you ever got along without one. But thats just my guess.

There are some other good phones out there that would suit you well, like the Nokia E71, but you can't get that on Verizon. Go with the Tour, you wont be disappointed.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
and I'm talking the thrift store thread with second hand Oxxford vs Armani
smile.gif

lol this means that you are assuming the phone you are talking about was ever "high end", seeing as Oxxford is quite high end. Does not seem relative as the phone never was high end.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We just reupped on Verizon and my wife got the Env3. The camera is actually pretty good, although I've only seen the pictures on the screen. We will probably end up getting the iphone if it comes to Verizon in a few years, but right now, I'm not that impressed with Verizon's fancy phones to pay an extra $150 upfront, plus an extra $30 a month or whatever it is for the data plan. Times 2 that's a lot of money on a phone. For now, I bought the smallest phone I could find (Nokia Mirage), which kind of sucks, but it was free and it's very small by U.S. phone standards.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
all the android phones seem so gimmicky and overblown to me. too many phones are exchanging a flashy ui for simplicity - I don't need to have the album covers of the CD's I'm listening to dance a jig, and I don't need to see pictures by every single person in my contact list....

Right now, isn't the T-mobile G1 the only Android OS phone available, or are there others?

I have a G1 and I'm disappointed! It's OK, but just OK and it has some glaring omissions like a trerrible camera and a terrible battery life as well as worthless GPS functions ( which is strange since the GPS is built around Google maps ). The last update improved it some and it has a marketplace similar to the iphones marketplace ( with a lot of similar apps, but not as many ), but other than the fact that it has a qwerty keyboard, I can't think of many areas where it excels.

I tied myself down to a 2 year contract with T-mobile to get the promotional price for the G1 and it was a mistake. I would take an iphone, a BB Bold, a Nokia E71 or a Pre before I would take a G1 again. T-mobile did just come out with a Samsung phone with an 8 megapixel camera! But it has no physical keyboard ( nor will the Hero, G2 ). I'll have to check it out. I can't imagine keeping the G1 another 18 months. One nice thing about the G1 ( and other Android phones, I suppose ) is that it's nicely integrated with Google and if you use Google as your primary Email address ( I do ), and use Google apps regularly, the phone will nicely integrate with your usage.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads