• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

phelps pictured smoking bong

rents

Reaction score
The last three american presidents have all used drugs, and I am taking a little guess that a lot more of them have too.

Well one said he didn't inhale, one wouldn't really talk about it, and one has actually admitted it.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rents
The last three american presidents have all used drugs, and I am taking a little guess that a lot more of them have too. Well one said he didn't inhale, one wouldn't really talk about it, and one has actually admitted it.
Kennedy was addicted to pain pills, ********* his back in the navy.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it that Michael had the class and the guts to admit that he did it. In this world of everyone having a PR agent to put a spin on things, nobody admits to anything anymore. At showed honesty. Good for him.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We're such a puritanical nation. I would venture to guess that many, many leaders and presidents did cocaine in the late 1800s and then took care of other "issues" with morphine and opium. O.K., he risked endorsements, but this is simply another example of Americans making a big deal about nothing.

I also am of the opinion that he just doesn't care. I mean, talk about someone who needs some weed after enduring the rigors that he put himself through to achieve what he did . . .

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd expect nothing less from a U of Michigan graduate.
rimshot.gif

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I'd expect nothing less from a U of Michigan graduate.
rimshot.gif

Replace Michigan with any popular state school, man. Texas, North Carolina, Florida, Cal, etc.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scnupe7
It gets better:

http://www.thestate.com/local/story/672148.html

Are these people even serious when they write these articles?

Lots of public figures have admitted to smoking marijuana "” including President Barack Obama.

Rapper Lil Wayne, who professes his love for marijuana and other substances in his music, has a leading eight Grammy nominations this year. Phelps said he listened to Wayne's graphic song "I'm Me" to pump him up for races at the Olympics.

hannibal06

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I like it that Michael had the class and the guts to admit that he did it. In this world of everyone having a PR agent to put a spin on things, nobody admits to anything anymore. At showed honesty. Good for him.

Yea, after his PR agents tried to talk the Newspaper out of publishing the news..

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
How is he throwing it all away? And how is the world still not at his fingertips? Did smoking weed take away his talent? Did it take away the fact that in one day he works are hard as you do in a week? No, it has changed absolutely nothing about him or anything, except bring out moralizing conservative douchebags who think we should all be in bed by 9, reading a chapter out of the bible. Who gives a ****.

Endorsements will be pulled, I have no doubt about it. Even the ones that are sticking with him meanwhile will pull as well. Not because he smokes weed, but because he has illustrated that he is a fool.

I do like the way in which you are now privy to how hard I work in my week and how hard Phelps works in one day. Regardless, I dont smoke weed, and if training is all about discipline then he should have realized that as an endorser for Kellogs cereals (how many millions is that?) and other products which signed with him because of his being an American hero he should have been a bit more disciplined about it. But it just goes to show that you dont have to have brains to be able to swim. (Oh I know...it was an intelligent thinking decision he made, of course.) I dont care about the smoking of the weed. I just think that the guy is a dope (no pun intended) for doing what he did and not thinking about the consequences.

Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy

I agree. It shows that when they published a picture of him with his lips wrapped around a bong he was man enough not to claim that he didnt inhale. Certainly takes a man to admit that.

Originally Posted by HORNS
We're such a puritanical nation. I would venture to guess that many, many leaders and presidents did cocaine in the late 1800s and then took care of other "issues" with morphine and opium. O.K., he risked endorsements, but this is simply another example of Americans making a big deal about nothing.

I also am of the opinion that he just doesn't care. I mean, talk about someone who needs some weed after enduring the rigors that he put himself through to achieve what he did . . .

Clearly he cares because he apologized for doing it. And regarding "needing weed" for all the rigors that he does, do all people that work hard during the day need weed?

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FIHTies
Clearly he cares because he apologized for doing it. And regarding "needing weed" for all the rigors that he does, do all people that work hard during the day need weed?

Words are cheap. How many times have I apologized to my crazy-ass wife when I knew I was right.

"And regarding "needing weed" for all the rigors that he does, do all people that work hard during the day need weed?" No, I'm pretty sure that most hard-working people do not. Some do, some have an alcoholic drink, some ********, some need nothing, etc.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Makes it sound so formal.
laugh.gif

+1. It's like a Burns poem or something.
lol8[1].gif

The Smoking of the Weed

O WERE my Pot yon Cannabis fair,
Wi' green leafies to the bong,
And I a doobie to smoke there,
When munching on my little cheetos;
How I wad mourn when it was smoked
By autumn stoned and winter, dude!
But I wad giggle on wanton jokes
When youthfu' May its bud renew'd

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads