• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Persol Sunglasses YEAH or NAY

Joe Cool

Reaction score
Originally Posted by artoftime
Own several pair and they need maintenance once a year or so old, but worthwhile and super stylish.

Change the oil, check the tires - that kinda thing?
eh.gif

Noah.Dreams

Reaction score
What say ye?
Persol-2761-S-24-57-14141.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I own half a dozen pairs and love them but they're not particularly more durable or well-made than other Luxxotica brands. I think my OPs are better made and prob more durable. Salt too.

Noah.Dreams

Reaction score
Originally Posted by smruss
Persols are great, I have had a few pairs, but they have loads of better frames then these.
What don't you like about the 2761 frame?
PERSOL-2761-S-95-31-L.JPG
Persol.2761S.10207.jpg
PERSOL45715.jpg
480-31.png

Noah.Dreams

Reaction score
OP as in Oliver People?
Originally Posted by gdl203
I own half a dozen pairs and love them but they're not particularly more durable or well-made than other Luxxotica brands. I think my OPs are better made and prob more durable. Salt too.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes

Noah.Dreams

Reaction score
Picked up these last year OP Boxley
op_boxley_myb.jpg

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had my pair (with meflecto system) for over five years. They are my only pair and I wear them a lot. They're fine.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love my pair and wear them often. I have had a few others and the quality was good for the price I paid.

sfnapolifan

Reaction score
there can be some quality control issues, but not a huge problem if you buy them from a luxottica-owned retailer.

i had a pair a few years ago (of an unfortunately discontinued style) where the lenses began to come away from the frame (not popping out, but on their way to doing so). went back to the retailer (sunglass hut) and got a replacement no questions asked. same thing began happening to the next pair. got another replacement. those were solid, but unforunately were lost. at that point the style had been discontinued.

would happily buy another pair if i could find one that suited me, though. the quality of the glass lenses is absolutely fantastic compared to other brands--everything looks better/sharper--particularly given how many have resorted to polycarbonate. the glass lenses also tend to be more scratch-resistant than polycarbonate, obviously.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Noah.Dreams
Picked up these last year OP Boxley

op_boxley_myb.jpg

noah what model are those?? I REALLY like them a lot!

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he said Boxley

I agree, they are great.

Staatsoper

Reaction score
I have two pair I bought in 1994 and added prescription lenses--still going strong on the second set of lenses. In fact, it's about time for a third set...

inq89

Reaction score
Persol is like the Rolls Royce of sunglasses in my eyes (if there ever was such a ranking system). And its not as played out as Ray Bans, and its understated luxury since many people won't recognize the Persol logo. Quality seems to be very well made. My frames are thin but heavy. Plus I got my pair from the trade forum for mega cheap, can't complain
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads